ProClinical is currently seeking a Medical Science Liaison for a global and diverse Biotech of more than 500 people with 8 programs in clinical development, including 3 late-stage programs. The Medical Science Liaison is a field-based scientific and clinical expert that strategically supports company medical and scientific objectives and investigational programs. MSLs are expected to build strong cross-functional relationships with colleagues in Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, R&D, Patient Advocacy and Commercial Operations, while maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Partner closely with investigators and internal stakeholders to drive patient accrual.
- Identify key opinion leaders and cultivate a network of experts for key disease areas.
- Conduct and implement a comprehensive disease awareness tactical plan within the respective geography.
- Collaborate with health care professionals to identify opportunities for the development of algorithms and guidelines to facilitate early diagnosis.
- Provide in-depth drug and disease state information to health care providers in the respective geography.
- Serve as a liaison to health care professionals and professional organizations and disease state advocacy groups. Support the efforts of patient support groups and educational foundations.
- Provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of advisory boards and work with physician experts to review speaker presentations and provide additional medical background where requested.
- Contribute to the achievement of Company objectives for pre-approved products.
- Provide educational meeting support at scientific congresses.
- Coordinate required medical, legal, and regulatory review and approval of all field documents for distribution or presentation.
- Require 60-70% travel.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD, PharmD, MD
- Proven basic science and/or clinical background to enable engagement of Health Care Professionals in a scientifically meaningful exchange.
- Prior experience in rare disease strongly preferred.
- Experience in clinical research, patient recruitment, and investigator-sponsored trials.
- Experience in medical education and KOL management.
- Effective communication of evidence based scientific information. Multi-lingual capability with fluency in English required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Decision-making and accountability
- Medical Degree (MD)
- Research, clinical, scientific publication experience.
- Hard-working, energetic and passionate about making a meaningful difference for patients and their caregivers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including building strong working relationships, and managing and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment; strongly team oriented.
- Superb communication skills; oral and written, including presentation skills.
- An unwavering commitment to upholding the highest ethical, legal, regulatory and scientific standards.
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience including at least 4 as an MSL. Additional clinical or other relevant experience preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matthias Benn on +49 89 21 09 41 44 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.