ProClinical is working alongside an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with cancer. They are looking to hire a Scientific Advisor to join their team in Munich, Germany.
Reporting to the Medical Director DACH, the Scientific Advisor will be responsible for the following:
This Scientific Advisor role will serve as a primary medical resource capable of conducting high level scientific and strategic interactions across multiple products and diseases with external thought leaders as well as internal company customers. The SA is mainly responsible for supporting medical education and clinical research. The SA ensures appropriate non-biased scientific exchange, develops peer relationships with Health Care Professionals (HCP) and provides scientific support to healthcare professionals on behalf of the company, and company Medical Affairs in their geographic region. The SA has a deep understanding of the scientific trends within the acute care environment and routinely synthesizes their scientific field insights and communicates to the appropriate affiliate and headquarter based colleagues.
- Leads thought leader development for the organisation by fostering mutually productive relationships with HCPs & key decision makers across different types of healthcare organisations including: clinical research, group purchasing organisations in the areas of medical education, healthcare systems, and health technology assessment (HTA) bodies
- This role will be 50% office based dealing in Medical Strategy with 50% Field MSL work in Bavaria
- Supports execution of clinical development programs with interactions with study teams and HCPs/researchers at all phases of research, assisting e.g. with protocol development, identification of experts, site selection, investigator identification, and clinical trial site scientific and subject enrolment support Conducts strategic discussions regarding research to support investigator/customer initiated studies for medical and clinical research and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR)
- Attends & participates in medical/scientific meetings & conferences for the purpose of maintaining clinical/scientific expertise & providing strategic insights into emerging scientific data & healthcare trends
- Supports Market Access activities by providing scientific expertise for various stakeholders
- Leads efforts across Medical Affairs to keep abreast of latest scientific, disease state, and healthcare landscape information and uses this information to provide value to both external and internal stakeholders
- Contributes to or leads Medical Affairs projects at cluster or regional level
- Leads development or communication of scientific data to diverse audiences including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key stakeholders
- Executes scientific support for commercial functions of the organization including scientific support to health care professionals and training for speakers and Key Account Managers as needed
- Effectively communicates by expressing ideas and information clearly and accurately
- Maintains cross-functional collaboration with internal & field teams to provide scientific expertise and functions as a scientific advisor with, Clinical Research, local MA Strategy, Commercial, etc.
- Develops rapport and sustaining relationships with HCPs and HCPs to deliver value
- Supporting clinical, medical affairs, and health economics and outcomes research through numerous activities including:
- Site identification, site feasibility and physician/nurse education for both marketed products and the pipeline products for company sponsored research
- Protocol development and study management in collaboration with clinical operations and clinical research teams for medical affairs sponsored studies
- Advanced clinical/science degree
- Minimum 4 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in related areas (Medical Affairs, Research & Development, Pharmacology)
- Minimum 2 years as a Medical Scientific Liaison or field-based Medical/Scientific Advisor role, ideally in Oncology
- Experience leading projects and interacting with cross-functional teams is needed
- Good practice of English
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced, doctoral level degree: MD, PharmD or PhD
- Clinical experience in Oncology (3+ years)
- Fellowship or Residency in Oncology preferred
- Good skills and experience with scientific data/literature review required
- Excellent skills in presenting/publishing scientific data
- Experience in health economics and outcomes research with customers is desirable
- Experience working with healthcare systems, payers is desirable
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matthias Benn on +44 203 8234 365 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.