This attractive Medical Affairs Advisor job is a great opportunity to join one of the pharma industry's biggest and most prestigious organisations. The company is located in the UK and has been working for over a 150 years across multiple therapy areas including cardiovascular, neurology and immunology. This is a contract position based in Surrey, UK.
- Provide specialist medical, scientific and Code compliance advice to the nominated internal team(s) to support the appropriate use of company medicines and successful implementation of the company's initiatives and programs.
- Support delivery of the medical plan in relation to medical projects
- To provide specialist medical and scientific advice to the nominated internal teams to support the appropriate use of company medicines and successful implementation of the company's initiatives and programs.
- To liaise with healthcare professionals to effectively communicate and manage drug safety issues
- To understand customer insights around current standard of care and to support their knowledge of the value of medicines to the NHS and patients
- Data generation and publication - to acquire and maintain in-depth scientific knowledge of company medicines within nominated therapy area(s) (including those in development) as well as of key competitors.
- Data communication and customer insights - communicate the value of their medicines through high-quality, accurate, balanced and impactful information. Leverage customer intelligence and insights to shape brand strategy.
- To provide scientific insight and support to field- and head office based commercial colleagues.
- To work with the cross functional team in-country and above-country to develop impactful and compliant promotional and non-promotional materials of value to customers
- To review (and certify where applicable) promotional and non-promotional materials and activities within scope of the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Cross functional medical and scientific support
- Support for other departments including Regulatory Affairs, Medical Information, HVCA, Customer Operations, MQC, worldwide research and development
- Support H&V in providing medical support for HTA dossiers and regional/local formularies
- Support Regulatory Affairs in responding to questions from regulatory agencies and implementing changes to product SPC, PIL and PI. Provide support for clinical overviews, core datasheet revisions, licence variations, batch specific variations and implementation of Risk Management Plans
- Provide support to Medical Information to facilitate the maintenance of an accurate, relevant and high quality database which would enable them to respond effectively to customer enquiries.
- Provide scientific input to other departments (e.g. Policy and Public Affairs, Stakeholder Strategy, Communications, Customer Operations, MQC, Company Research and Development groups) on a project-by-project basis
- To develop and maintain ongoing cross-functional working relationships with colleagues
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Medical, Pharmacy or Science degree.
- For scientists a post graduate science degree (eg PhD, MSc) is preferred. Scientists without a post graduate degree may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or significant experience within a related specialty (eg clinical research, medicines regulation, health technology assessment)
- In depth knowledge of Medical Affairs activities in the pharmaceutical industry and Copy Review (and certification) experience.
- In depth knowledge of Medical Affairs activities in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good knowledge of the PMCPA Code of Practice, and all applicable laws and regulations about the promotion of medicines in the UK
- Fluency in Business English
For medical applicants GMC registration with a License to Practice is preferred. Doctors registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service
For pharmacy applicants UK registration is preferred and may be a requirement depending on responsibility for final certification. Pharmacists registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Lisa Edgar on +44 203 7520 313 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.