This job is a great opportunity for a Clinical Adviser to work at one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies. This role will be based at the company’s Hertfordshire office. The organisation develops innovative products across multiple therapy areas including cardiovascular, oncology, and respiratory, and employs 100,000 staff globally.
- Medical degree (MD or MD/PhD) with completion of post-graduate training in either primary care or specific therapeutic area.
- 5 yr experience in clinical development and monitoring in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated experience in IND filing and execution of both First Time In Human (phase 1) and Proof-of-Concept (Phase 2) clinical trials that include biomarker/surrogate endpoints.
- Demonstrated experience in leading discussions with regulatory authorities and safety boards.
- Capable of building and leading a highly functioning team for clinical development of assets; capable of working effectively in a matrix.
- Strong self-motivation; capable of multi-tasking and working on multiple projects in different phases of early development.
- Experience in experimental / translational medicine studies to enhance understanding of target, develop biomarkers for target engagement and, in some cases, biomarkers for patient selection.
- Highly effective in both written and verbal communications for relevant internal and external decision-making bodies.
- Credibility in working with external clinical partners with evidence of solid external clinical network within area of expertise.
- Experience in working with CROs.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing clinical input and leadership to a portfolio of projects spanning phases from target validation to Phase I. Initial areas of focus will include inflammation/autoimmune disorders as well oncology though projects may also focus on other areas including respiratory medicine, anti-infectives, metabolic/cardiovascular disease and neuroscience.
- Contribute to definition of optimal design of Phase I studies to address safety, tolerability and pharmacodynamic response/biomarker strategy based on protein degrading mechanism of action.
- Provide input on clinical aspects of pre-clinical drug discovery projects at project initiation and prioritization phases.
- Become expert in the strengths and clinical opportunities that protein degrading technology allows and where this is likely to give advantage over any existing approaches in indications of interest.
- Work with experimental medicine and clinical pharmacology communities across different companygroups and therapy areas to identify clinical opportunity and define project strategies to test.
- Within DPU, work closely with a small team of chemists, biologists & pharmacologists to align pre-clinical drug discovery strategies to achievement of desired clinical responses.
- Seek input from experts external to the DPU as needed to form project strategies.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Lisa Edgar on +44 203 7520 313 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.