This is an excellent opportunity to join a global top ten pharmaceutical company within their Medical Affairs team. The company employs over 30,000 employees globally and is recruiting for a Medical Advisor to work at their offices in South East England.
- Support delivery of the medical plan in relation to medical projects
- Communicate the value of our medicines through high-quality, accurate, balanced and impactful information. Leverage customer intelligence and insights to shape brand strategy.
- Support for other departments including Regulatory Affairs, Medical Information, HVCA, Customer Operations, MQC, worldwide research and development
- To provide specialist medical and scientific advice to the nominated internal teams to support the appropriate use of company medicines and successful implementation of the company's initiatives and programs.
- To liaise with healthcare professionals to effectively communicate and manage drug safety issues
- To understand customer insights around current standard of care and to support their knowledge of the value of our medicines to the NHS and patients
Data generation and publication
- To acquire and maintain in-depth scientific knowledge of company medicines within nominated therapy area(s) (including those in development) as well as of key competitors.
Data communication and customer insights
- To provide scientific insight and support to field- and head office based commercial colleagues.
- To work with the cross functional team in-country and above-country to develop impactful and compliant promotional and non-promotional materials of value to customers
- To review (and certify where applicable) promotional and non-promotional materials and activities within scope of the ABPI Code of Practice.
Cross functional medical and scientific support
- Support H&V in providing medical support for HTA dossiers and regional/local formularies
- Support Regulatory Affairs in responding to questions from regulatory agencies and implementing changes to product SPC, PIL and PI. Provide support for clinical overviews, core datasheet revisions, licence variations, batch specific variations and implementation of Risk Management Plans
- Provide support to Medical Information to facilitate the maintenance of an accurate, relevant and high quality database which would enable them to respond effectively to customer enquiries.
- Provide scientific input to other departments on a project-by-project basis
- To provide specialist Code compliance support to brand/therapy area teams and other departments on customer engagement & partnership activities (e.g. Digital Channels, Joint Working, Medical & Educational Goods & Services)
- To develop and maintain ongoing cross-functional working relationships with colleagues
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- GMC registration with a Licence to Practice is preferred.
- Doctors registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Kevin Hansberry on +44 207 4400 636 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.