ProClinical have an exciting opening for a permanent Senior Director of Medical Communications based in Cambridge, MA. The Sr. Director of Medical Communications will drive the publication and communication strategy for us. The qualified candidate will be accountable for developing a strategic long-range communication and publication plan, and will be responsible for implementing corresponding tactical plans to engage health care professionals and medical organizations. Through strategic alignment, the Director will be responsible for creating and executing various medical communication activities, such as investigator and expert outreach, advisory boards, publication planning, as well as conference oversight as it pertains to medical content. They will work closely with Clinical Development, Biometrics, Clinical Operations and Commercial functions. This position resides within the Department of Medical Affairs, and will report to the Vice President of Medical Affairs.
- Responsible for steering successful implementation and delivery of global priorities as it pertains to publications, medical education and medical communications.
- Develop and oversee the implementation and maintenance of the global publications plans and corresponding scientific platform.
- Implement appropriate publication strategy (abstracts, congressional presentations and manuscripts) and provide ideas for generating manuscripts of scientific and clinical interests.
- Plan and execute global medical communications initiatives (i.e., IME, roundtables, advisory boards) that support commercialization strategy.
- Lead, communicate and execute development of an integrated medical plan, including, Medical Liaisons, Health Outcomes, and Clinical Research (natural history studies, registries) serve as a key member of the Medical Affairs team.
- Provide medical oversight for scientific review and approval of communication and medical materials, in compliance with corporate standards and government/industry regulations.
- Foster establishment and maintenance of key external thought leaders through gaining knowledge on their insights and development of scientific/clinical engagement plans.
- Plan and coordinate global and national advisory boards to gain insights.
- Represent us at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with thought leaders.
- Participate in long-range planning; develop and manage project plans, assess resource needs, investment planning and develop and implement processes and standards within the medical communication and publications expertise.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- PharmD or PhD with 12+ years publications, medical writing, communications experience. 6+ years in a global pharmaceutical publications leadership role
- Prior medical affairs, medical communications, publications and/or KOL management experience highly desired
- Effective written communication skills including publications, medical communications, and scientific writing.
- Ability to analyze and summarize data, think critically, and manage multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills including building and maintaining successful KOL and stakeholder relationships
- Knowledge of relevant publications related industry rules and guidelines (ie: GPP3, ICJME).
- Proven planning and organizational skills with experience managing multiple priorities; attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment with a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and leadership skills.
- Prior experience working on launch products preferred.
Competitive compensation and benefits offered, equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, participatory in e-Verify.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Michael Froggatt at (+1) 646 768 9727 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.