A worldwide biotechnology company situated in Munich, Germany and operating in over 70 markets worldwide is looking for a Medical Science Liaison on a permanent basis. The company specialises in neurological conditions and puts a great emphasis on teamwork and delivering biological products.
- To establish, develop and maintain medical scientific collaborative relationships with current and future therapeutic experts in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and other orphan disease products in development.
- To disseminate high quality complex scientific information and provide innovative medical education content
- To generate medical insights and provide research concepts to therapeutic experts to facilitate patient management and care.
- To oversee expanded access programs (EAPs) for therapies under development.
- Facilitate medical and scientific information exchange with the medical community on SMA and other orphan diseases.
- Generate systematically medical insights and provide key learnings to the regional Medical team on regular basis as appropriate
- Work with Experts to develop clinical therapeutic concepts that support the advancement of the medical science within the company’s scientific and therapeutic area of interest.
- Support the development and implementation of the internal training plan, monitor the plan and update knowledge of disease area.
- Deliver clinical and scientific presentations to regional healthcare audiences aligned with central medical education programs.
- Organize local/regional educational meetings with multidisciplinary participation of key stakeholders in designated area and provide key learnings to the Regional Medical team.
- Support therapeutic experts in developing concepts and protocols for SRAs / IITs / registries that support orphan drug therapies.
- Work with local patient organizations in collaboration with Regional Public Affairs to educate about the disease area and advances in patient care.
- Develops reports /summary slide decks of important national congresses.
- Use the CRM system Veeva to report to the organization.
- Supports field commercial and corporate account efforts related to presenting clarity around clinical and scientific information supporting therapeutic decisions in patient care.
- Provision of medical information including responses to unsolicited off-label questions and questions regarding new indications and future development products.
- Support appropriate screening processes to identify potential investigators for company initiated clinical trials, collaborate with clinical trial groups to evaluate requests and assess centre capacity for clinical studies.
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical or scientific qualification (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D. preferred).
- At least 5 years' experience in a medical role in industry MSL experience for at least 3 years.
- Ideally, medical/scientific experience in rare diseases
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Legal and compliance environment.
- Matrix management experience with the Regional Office and other key functions in Europe.
- Strong customer orientation, science based.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization, in English and a second language.
- Willingness to travel as it is a field-based role.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matthias Ben on +44 (0) 203 846 0643 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.