A leading pharmaceutical client is searching for a Market Access Regional Director role to join their team in Frankfurt, Germany. The company specialises in various therapy areas including oncology, neurology and gastroenterology, and employs several thousand across the globe. This position will have direct accountability and responsibility for the development and implementation of European market access strategies across the company brand range, with the objective of securing and maintaining funding for the company’s brands on commercially favourable terms within the defined territories.
- Developing market access and pricing strategies for the current company brand range and new brands approaching launch (Phase III onwards) in the following Region: Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Ensuring that the above-mentioned Region is fully equipped with the value messages and supporting argumentation, including regulatory, medical and health economics evidence, to maximise the commercially successful market access for all company European brands.
- Successfully implementing the market access strategies, including negotiating directly with payers and other key stakeholders on health technology assessment, pricing and reimbursement in the Region as necessary, thereby optimising price and market access status for new and existing company brands.
- Defining and implementing the local central price negotiations with the relevant authorities.
- Lead market access programmes for new products for submission to the respective Region authorities
- Develop relationships with stakeholders for all business units to ensure successful market access and on-going product support
- Input into payer and market access strategy with continuous mapping of affiliate needs to adapt HTA documents and core value story for pricing and reimbursement on a Federal level
- Lead the local market access team to ensure local access for company Brands.
- Liaise with the Market Access department and BG heads to ensure co-ordinated company approach
- Input into health economic model development and adaptation for the Region
- Participate in and contribute to life cycle management strategies to ensure market access input
- Manage the budget within agreed limits and according to phased targets (if applicable)
- Leading Medical, Corporate Communication and Health Affairs Management
- Represent the company in Government Affairs to support market access particularly in Germany but also in Austria and Switzerland. Potentially represent the company on the VFA Board and the equivalent in Austria.
- Support the Government Affairs function in Japan and the JPMA when visiting Germany.
- Responsibility for the Communication's function in Germany.
- Joint Power of Attorney responsibility particularly in relation to market access
Skills and Requirements:
- Ideally registered medical practitioner or pharmacist or other relevant education
- Extensive industry experience in Market Access at a National and Regional level
- Higher qualification
- Experience in obtaining successful market access and price negotiation track record
- Fluent in oral and written English and German
- Experience in CNS therapeutic area and Oncology would be an advantage
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility and have a good track record of working independently and meeting strict deadlines
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Harry Williams on +41 203 854 0102 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.