ProClinical is currently seeking a Pricing Strategy Manager for an ambitious health business. The Pricing Strategy Manager will proactively and continuously raise the bar on capabilities (messages, tools & processes) to support and lead the influencing of the DH/NHS contracting & pricing environment, with novel and differentiating pricing approaches to optimise product positioning on contracts, pricing agreements and tenders and to ensure optimal patient access to company medicines.
- Build capabilities across the organisation to ensure Government Affairs, Brand Teams and Market Access are aligned in our pricing strategy to optimise the brand opportunities within tenders in an environment of cost containment
- Project Management and implementation of Pricing Excellence initiative to ensure the company is fit for the future with aligned pricing strategies, reviewing current tools, processes and capabilities and assessing for improvement
- Provide high level price modelling and scenario building tools that incorporate flexible pricing options, budget impact modelling, capping and discount schemes as well as PAS pricing options
- Understand corporate and legal positioning of any pricing options in line with current legislation and guidance
- Collaborate with HEOR in ensuring pricing impacts optimise value proposition and ICER positions for PAS schemes
- Assist in the co-ordination of bid submission presentations and analytical requirements
- Lead projects in the management of pricing initiatives and patient access schemes and in support of biotherapeutics activity planning
- Support the Contracts & Pricing team, and the wider Market Access department in navigating the NHS Procurement & Pricing environment
- Build above the brand messages with GA & abridged brand value propositions to influence NHS & DH, focusing on patient outcomes, value for money, and a fostering of the uptake of innovation, whilst ensuring clinician and patient choice.
- Build above the brand messages that influence DH and NHS procurement in a cost containment environment, combatting the threat of procurement led therapeutic rationalisation in the face of complex biosimilars and generic competition
- Lead as the primary contact for pricing and patient access scheme initiatives with the ABPI, DH,NICE and other key industry bodies
- Primary liaison for Pricing Research on competitor pricing tactics, market impact of pricing decisions, market place preparations for product introductions and exits
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree level or degree calibre
- Experience of working within the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry
- Excellent Project Management skills with attention to detail
- Good understanding of tendering and contracting processes within the NHS
- An excellent understanding of PPRS requirements and patient access schemes
- Excellent numeracy and organisational skills and high proficiency in Excel
- Basic HEOR knowledge is desirable.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Motivates and can influence others, including those over whom they have no direct authority.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and never satisfied with the status quo
- Delivers business results while positioning the company for success in the future
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles - finds the way
- Knows the business and anticipates future opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure and changing environment in an autonomous manner
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Harry Williams on +41 203 854 0102 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.