A large global biotechnology company working within the fields of neurodegenerative diseases, haemophilia and autoimmune disorders, is recruiting for a Snr. Market Access job at their Cambridge office. The (sr.) Manager, Market Access will develop and work on market access programs through supporting marketing and commercial activities. The person will be responsible for providing strategic vision, tactical expertise and support for one of the company’s new products. This is a contract role, based in Cambridge, UK.
- Active member of the SMA / Rare Disease Brand Team and main contact point for EU+ Market Access Team
- Contribute to the development of HTA strategies and submission dossiers for NICE, SMC, AWMSG, NCPE and CPU
- Develop strategic contingency plans for alternate market access routes e.g. NHSE highly specialised commissioning
- Work closely with external vendors to develop market access tools, HTA submissions and economic models, and information sets.
- Performs health economic modelling tasks and technical support including running and performing relevant analytics such as probabilistic sensitivity analysis.
- Provide technical and analytical support to inform pricing and reimbursement proposals and calculation of value-based prices for company products.
- Responsible for the realisation of national research or Advisory Boards aimed at establishing the opinion and willingness to pay of national/regional payers
- Defines P&R strategy of rare disease area (price/revenue optimisation analysis, the interaction with the regional EU+ Market Access and Pricing, local Health Economics and MAx functions)
- Be fully up to date at all times on NHS budgeting and the financial linkages existing in the market place. To set up and participate in meetings with clinicians and payers to products. This may include non-promotional Advanced Budgetary Notifications of new products or product changes, strictly in accordance with ABPI Code of Practice.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in developing health economic solutions for market access imperatives. Participate in regional EU+ market access forum for programme updates, best-practice sharing and competency building.
- Manage literature tracking and environmental monitoring, including competitor activity, in relation to health economics and other technical imperatives.
- Alerts EU+ Market Access to healthcare system developments, competitor activity, or other events with potential to impact pricing/ market access for the company.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in HEOR & market access.
- Experience in UK/Ire market access for orphan/rare diseases
- Experience in developing HTA submissions for NICE, SMC, AWMSG, NCPE and CPU
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK & Ireland HTA and payer landscape including the NHS.
- Experience/strong knowledge of NHSE specialised commissioning framework and routes a plus
- Problem solver with strong proficiency in data and statistical analysis.
- Strong technical and health economic skills including in economic modelling, cost-effectiveness and Health Technology Appraisal (HTA).
- Advanced understanding of epidemiology desirable.
- Solid project management skills including management of external agencies
- Highly numerical and advanced written and communication skills.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Fluent written and spoken English (other languages desirable)
- MSc in Health Economics or equivalent required.
- Advanced modelling or statistics qualifications preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Rebecca Beresford on +44 207 4400 679 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.