An internationally known biotechnology company has an opening for a Market Access Manager job at their Berkshire office. The company has a strong reputation for developing innovative therapies for neurological diseases and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide. The main purpose of this Market Access job is to manage and coordinate health technology appraisal (HTA) submissions and take responsibility for broader market access imperatives across the Market Access Department. The role will involve HTA submission writing, compilation and analysis; horizon scanning, management of Pharmscan and formulating market access strategies for new company products; performing stakeholder mapping and develop and own external engagement strategies; coordinating consultation responses and track ongoing changes in health policy across the UK & Ireland; and contributing to key health economic analytics such as the development of budget impact models, cost minimisation analyses and payer/franchise tools.
- Manage and coordinate the development of HTA submissions for NICE, SMC, AWMSG, NCPE, CPU and NHSE with the ability to compile and prepare HTA documents including where appropriate basic analytical imperatives relating to health economics. Work with external vendors to develop HTA submissions and supporting materials as appropriate.
- Inform early decisions in global and local development programmes regarding understanding of competitive environment and requirements from national and sub-national payers and decision-makers to facilitate market access.
- Influence national health policy by identifying and communicating resonant value messages. Proactively influence the market access and HTA environment through development of an external stakeholder strategy including the use and implementation of advisory boards and building payer relationships as appropriate.
- Lead and manage horizon scanning, early scoping and forecasting activities including the proactive development of market access strategies and plans to aid optimal pricing and reimbursement for new products and indications.
- Contribute to consultation responses and attend relevant scientific symposium and conferences (e.g. ISPOR, NICE, PHE, ISOQOL, iHTA) to ensure best in class understanding of HTA and market access imperatives. Assist in the formulation of a publication strategy for health economic and market access analysis including where relevant health policy imperatives.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in developing solutions for market access imperatives. Participate in regional EU+ market access forum for programme updates, best-practice sharing and competency building.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in industry (preferably HTA and Market Access).
- Strong knowledge of UK & Irish HTA imperatives and good understanding of health policy.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with HTA submissions in UK & Ireland including dossier writing, compilation and coordination.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK & Ireland HTA and payer landscape including the NHS.
- Basic technical skills in health economics and outcomes research and developing payer tools.
- Experience working with new products, scenario planning and forecasting.
- Experience in pharmaceutical product development, pricing and/or commercialisation.
- Excellent project management skills including management of external agencies and internal budgets.
- Advanced written and communication skills.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Problem solver with strong proficiency to interpret and synthesise complex information.
- Deputise for Head of Market Access at external meetings (e.g. ABPI) where required.
- BA/BSc/MA/MSc in social science subject highly preferable.
- ABPI code of conduct training.
- Fluent written and spoken English (other languages desirable)
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Rebecca Beresford on +44 207 4400 679 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.