Our client, a global biotechnology company that employs over 20,000 people across the world, is looking to hire a Director HEORE EU. The company specialises in creating breakthrough therapies for rare diseases, and works to produce an innovative pipeline across their key therapy areas.
- Responsibilities as a member of a Global product team representing and helping execute the GHEORE product strategy in the Neuroscience-Neuromuscular-Ophthalmology TA.
- In this capacity the Director HEORE EU will support the GHEORE product team(s) to which you will be assigned to coordinate and articulate the integrated GHEORE global product strategy and represent GHEORE in the company wide product-related working groups such as Global Value Team (GVT), Product Development Team (PDT), DDT etc.
- The Director of HEORE EU will provide technical Health Economics & Outcomes Research support to other members of the GHEORE department and to cross- functional stakeholders and plan, design and execute outcomes research studies.
- Assist in developing and implementing HEOR studies agreed upon by the GVT in order to maximize commercial opportunities for company products and provide input to the global product strategy
- As GHEORE product lead, ensure that HEOR projects have received input from the Global Market Access, Medical, and R&D representatives and the appropriate GMAc representative responsible for country adaptation, and assist in the local adaptation process
- Identify, evaluate, retain and oversee a global network of consultants and contract organizations to execute the HEOR evidence generation deliverables (e.g. any study design evaluating the outcomes of healthcare interventions-- observational cohort studies, cross-sectional studies, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, registries, etc)
- Maintain awareness of new methods, tools and data sources to ensure study designs are technically sound and appropriate and for market access, commercialization and/or publication needs.
- Contribute with the GHEORE product lead to develop a GHEORE global product strategy in support of drug development and commercialization programs and market access plans for global markets
- Assist (or lead) in the design and effective management of HEOR projects and studies
- Ensure effective, efficient and timely execution of HEOR deliverables
- Contribute and collaborate during the product strategy development and project execution process and contribute to a robust dissemination plan for use of OR data
- Produce OR designs cross the product life cycle to demonstrate product value for target audiences (payers, physicians, or patients).
- Engaging the GHEORE product team members and effectively executing strategy via internal teams and external vendors
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with other GHEORE team members
- Effectively triaging concerns and proactively engaging the appropriate GHEORE team members to inform and to be advised
- Identifying strategic or implementation problems early and identifying and engaging appropriate resources (e.g. TA/BU leads or line management) that can help solve the problem
- Ensure that all final deliverables are of high scientific quality and are presented in a way that supports the agreed upon product strategy
- Maintain awareness of global HEOR requirements, regulatory legislation, payer and HTA trends and requirements
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Masters or PhD. degree in HEOR related field (Public Health, Economics, Epidemiology, Statistics, Health Services Research (or similar))
- 5 years experience in global pharmaceutical or medical device industry or a doctorate degree in health services research, pharmacy, medicine, public health, economics, (or similar) with at least 4 years of experience in global biopharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Experience managing and mentoring junior HEOR staff.
- Experience in HEOR research methodologies (Retrospective observational cohort, cross-sectional studies, registries, etc) to support product development and reimbursement efforts and experience interfacing with external scientific bodies & preference for experience with interactions with reimbursement agencies in US and/or Europe
- Appropriate awareness of global drug development, health economics, pharmaceutical outcomes research.
- Appropriate understanding of global market access requirements for pharmaceutical products
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Travel will be required (up to 20%)
- Experience and willingness to work in a global environment is essential
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Rebecca Beresford on +44 207 4400 679 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.