ProClinical is recruiting for the position of a Director of Market Access, to develop and execute reimbursement and patient access strategies for a leading candidate, along with our broader DMD portfolio.
- Identify global payer needs (unmet medical need, local dynamics, gaps, etc.). Collaborate and design global payer research to understand primary value drivers and requirements for early access and, post-approval, reimbursement across all products. Monitor and identify Health Technology Assessment (HTA) requirements, trends and reimbursement pathways for key markets. Work to develop patient access solutions which reflect an in depth understanding of local market dynamics.
- Execute a plan to address identified gaps through HEOR studies, publications, messaging and influencing.
- Develop the product's value proposition and steering the development/updating of the product value repositories (Health Economic models, value dossiers, commercial toolkits, etc). Thoroughly evaluate the anticipated outcomes of key Health Technology Assessment (HTA) body assessments and the implications for value positioning, evidence requirements and help shape ongoing evidence generation plans.
- Protocol design for health economic studies, and integration of payer relevant endpoints in the clinical development plan.
- Identify relevant and commercially attractive assets (including price potential) in the product pipeline in terms of a value proposition as well as the market need compared to existing or upcoming therapeutic alternatives in the respective indications.
- Commission and prepare health economic & outcomes research analyses necessary for reimbursement submissions & competitive messaging.
- Market research and provision of regular updates on the competitor landscape for our client’s individual product indications and implications on market access.
Skills And Requirements
- In-depth understanding of payers and their perspective in the key worldwide markets, as well trends in pricing & reimbursement.
- Solid scientific background enabling the assessment of trial design impact on payer strategies and the ability to challenge clinical development or medical affairs or other relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret and critique clinical study protocols, as well as identifying relevant clinical endpoints and conducting outcomes research in the early phases of clinical trial development.
- Solid commercial background, gained through prior experience.
- Has competitive intelligence, identifies early opportunities and threats in the market and creates solutions to benefit from opportunities and to disarm threats.
- Ability to identify key product advantages in the context of market requirements and provides key ideas for developing individual value stories around our client’s products.
- Can develop a clear understanding of the company's financial goals, with a clear ability to prioritize, setting up timelines on an international level.
- Can effectively liaise with medical affairs and brand team, as well as global teams, creating an efficient working style within a diverse organizational matrix.
- Possesses a strategic commercial drive, while at the same time is comfortable with technical or academic topics.
- Multi-year experience with health authorities, governmental economists and reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health care insurance companies' general management, acquired at pharmaceutical companies, sickness funds, physician associations or health care consultancy companies preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in healthcare, including significant experience in reimbursement, outcomes research or health economics, in the pharmaceutical areas of Oncology, Immunology or other innovative and complex treatments.
- Graduate level (Master’s or higher) education in economics or analytical-commercial discipline.
- Excellent business and communications skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other departments.
- Displays business confidence to constructively challenge marketing and clinical colleagues
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Flexible team member with a positive attitude and ability to prioritize projects.
- Experience with navigation of international, mutli-lingual and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment.
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Froggatt at (+1) 646 768 9727 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.