Here is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding global biopharmaceutical company, who is dedicated to being leaders in innovative medicines and vaccines. The company is seeking a Director Pricing and Market Access to join their team in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Director Pricing and Market Access Biosimilars leads the pricing and market access strategy for all biosimilar brands ensuring pricing and reimbursement success is optimized throughout the development programs to achieve revenue growth and profitability.
- Develops an overarching global pricing strategy per product in a timely manner before launch and ensures alignment with countries
- Ensures successful market access for all biosimilar brands whilst achieving set targets on price
- Leads the development and execution of the Global Pricing & Market Access Strategy in close collaboration with key corporate functions from the core product team, and local business operations
- Leads pricing research to optimize pricing and reimbursement of global biosimilar brands in focus markets/regions, identifies payer needs (data gaps).
- Maintains a global pricing database which can be utilized as a reporting and knowledge sharing platform (monitors list price, and other pricing levels relevant for different countries).
- Ensures that at launch, products are supported by a robust payer value proposition including core elements and pricing strategy. This includes the development of a Value Payer Package for each product comprising key messages for use at the affiliate level
- Manages post launch pricing of brands and provides strategic guidance, negotiation strategy, and proactive recommendations with particular focus on price and access optimization.
- Supports product level go-to-market strategies in collaboration with commercial, the preparation and execution of the launch readiness, and life-cycle management of the products.
- Being responsible for developing creative partnering proposals with Payers in driving greater access and affordability for patients within a given therapeutic area.
- Develops strategies to enhance patient access through innovative pricing schemes with focus on key relevant segments including hospital vs retail, tenders, and the various distribution channels.
- Develops an overarching contracting/tendering strategy for key countries/regions.
- Develops key strategic imperatives aligned with the brand plans for pricing and market access
- Gives pricing expertise input into product level forecasts and guides discussions as necessary to ensure relevance to the various markets to optimise profitability.
- Thinks of creative ways to enhance the Value discussion in the market place beyond "just" discounted pricing
- Effectively manages and delivers projects using consultants as necessary, ensuring timely and quality deliverables, involving various relevant functions as and when required.
Education and Experience:
- Masters level with one degree in a scientific field
- Over 10 years' experience in/with the pharmaceutical industry
- Over 5 years in a global pricing role combined with market access experience, with emphasis on Europe.
- Knowledge of US market and emerging markets would be an asset
- Biosimilars and tender market knowledge would be a distinct advantage
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Harry Williams on [click here] or update your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.