A worldwide biotechnology company situated in Berkshire and operating in over 70 markets worldwide is looking for a Market Access and External Affairs Manager. The company specialises in neurological conditions and puts a great emphasis on teamwork and delivering biological products.
This position is responsible for shaping healthcare policy system and access environment. Engaging with tier 1 National & Regional influencers and decision makers (HSE-CPU/NCPE), Clinical (ISR/IICN) & Trade bodies (IPHA) in order to facilitate bringing Biosimilars & Multiple Sclerosis medicines to market consistently & efficiently. The individual is externally focused and spends at least 50% of field based time discussing product access, service optimization and economic and QoL impact on healthcare system.
- New product entrants - Pricing and reimbursement nationally (Public + Private) and regionally. Develop robust dossiers for Ireland and HTA submissions for National authorities. Liaise with internal departments (Market Access & Finance) to develop innovative pricing mechanisms.
- Influence the Irish healthcare system and develop professional relationships for advocacy (e.g. Medical Associations) to ensure access to the company's medicines. Identify and analyse stakeholders and stakeholder groups for new and existing products, and develop relationships with relevant tier-1 regulatory decision makers (primarily government officials, KOLs, HSE & NCPE officials and payer decision makers)
- Drive external national, regional, and institutional market access negotiations and patient programs for products, as well as focusing on country health care system, processes and structure, where appropriate. Ensure access at a local level - working with medical affairs and commercial and capture/deliver local market data to augment decision making
- Develop Market Access strategy aligned to the global strategy. Ensure that all Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures. Develop and track performance against agreed KPI metrics for access. Deliver media relations and external communications focused on market access for driving access campaigns for company brand.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years within pharmaceutical or pharmaceutical service industry. Consultant experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 5 years in the Irish Pharmaceutical Market (experience in pricing/reimbursement & stakeholder engagement key)
- Working knowledge of IPHA code
- Highly analytical
- Strong expertise with Economic modelling
- Communication and presentation skills
- Customer focused
- Autoimmune experience (Multiple Sclerosis or Anti TNF)
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, ideally leading cross functional teams
- Experience of HTA dossier completion
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying, please upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.