A leading pharmaceutical client is searching for a Global Market Access Associate Director to join their team in Hertfordshire, UK. The company specialises in various therapy areas including oncology, neurology and gastroenterology, and employs several thousand across the globe. The Global Market Access Associate Director, will drive the overall regional/local strategy for all aspects of reimbursement, market access, adoption and pricing. GMA associate director is responsible for securing the successful reimbursement of company products (all products, all indications, all markets) by supporting country affiliates in adaptation of global materials (GVD, HE models), preparing local submission and assisting in pricing negotiation, running market access workshops. GMS Associate Director will explore and execute new and innovative mechanisms of patient access that creates win-win-win situations for patients, payers and the company, while improving access to key stakeholders and their support of policies that shape the external environment.
- Ensure that patients have maximum access to company products within each Region/Country specifically including EMEA, Americas and Asia through both traditional and innovative funding models.
- Establish and ensure the development of integrated market access and payer strategies aimed to deliver optimal clinical, real world and economic evidence to support product reimbursement at target price and ensure company brands are supported by robust payer messaging in each indication.
- Work closely with affiliates to implement strategies and support their needs for access and reimbursement.
- Run market access workshops with regional/local teams to identify regional/local key stakeholders, value message generation, tools and communication plans and strategies to meet the local market needs and drive access and adoption
- Develop local pricing strategies for all of the company products based on the global pricing policy including
- Impact assessment on product prices due to new indications launches
- Minimisation of IRP impact through monitoring price corridors throughout products life-cycle.
- Ensuring compliance of applied global pricing policies
- Assessment changes and market events, whether elective or mandatory, for risk to global pricing strategy
- Work closely with regional/local commercial and medical affairs teams
- Ensure alignment of product strategies and values messages developed
- Ensure awareness of the current and future reimbursement environments and solid understanding of the payer requirements and potential challenges
- Lead cross functional initiatives to translate reimbursement requirements into product specifications and assess potential reward and risk.
- Feed into short and long term forecasting exercises providing accurately current and future pricing and reimbursement inputs.
- Adapt global tools and deliverables to meet local needs are requirements
- Train regional/local teams on global deliverables
- Keep abreast of reimbursement environmental changes and the potential impact on company products, providing education and resources to key team members
- Keep abreast of other competitive reimbursement intelligence
- Develop collaborations with key opinion leaders and gather feedback aiming at strengthening payer value proposition and reimbursement of the oncology products.
Skills and Requirements:
- A strong degree in a relevant subject (advanced science degree preferred) or equivalent.
- A Master's Degree in Public Health, Heath Economics or Health Policy preferred.
- Significant experience in healthcare reimbursement and health policy
- Understanding and experience of the international political and policy context for market access.
- Demonstrable success in market access across multiple markets.
- Comfortable communicating statistical and economic arguments and fundamentals to different audiences
- Strong health economic understanding and the ability to modify cost effectiveness excel models and undertake scientific medical writing
- Oncology and Global/Regional Pharmaceuticals experience strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of government and private payer reimbursement environments, HTA experience required
- Understanding of health care policy
- Medical and submission writing skills
- Ability to analyse information and assess risk potential. Understanding of evidence based medicine and study design.
- Strategic understanding of the business and strategic thinking
- Experience working with KOLs, as well as government, institutions and private payers
- Ability to assess impact of reimbursement policies.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Carl Hainsby on +44 207 440 0673 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.