A well-known international pharmaceutical company with sites around the globe is looking to hire an Outcomes Specialists, Cardiovascular Outcomes & Evidence. The company specialises in developing and producing medicines and vaccines for a wide range of therapeutic areas including oncology, cardiology and immunology. The Outcomes Specialist role will be to support the strategic goals of the Internal Medicine Business Unit (InMBU) by driving optimal access of a pain product that will be launching within the next 2-3 years. By providing strategic guidance to the brand team and delivering robust evidence demonstrating the value of the product, this role provides an opportunity to directly impact business objectives.
The Health Outcomes research associate will be responsible for developing and executing the alliance data generation strategy in support of the evolving value proposition for this product. She/he will work in a closely aligned fashion with the Health Outcomes product lead and the Cross-Functional Asset Team to ensure there is a single and coordinated view on generation and communication of evidence.
- Develop real world evidence generation strategies and flawlessly execute studies (e.g., burden of illness studies, epidemiology studies, registries, etc.)
- Actively assist in managing and negotiating budget and timeline with vendors;
- Actively assist in managing the publication process
- Manage strategic partnerships and research collaborations with key external experts, healthcare policy makers, payers, and various academic and community settings to support asset strategies.
- Able to work independently and in a matrix with colleagues from different functions (medical, commercial, access, and clinical)
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum: Masters degree (MSc, MPH) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics with a preferred Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in health outcomes and related fields, 1 of which are as part of global health economics and/or outcomes research teams in a pharmaceutical company.
- Significant knowledge of the technical and methodological aspects of registries and observational study design and implementation. Capable of independently managing complex registry and non-interventional study projects.
- Strong methodological skills (study design, data analysis and interpretation) in epidemiology or health services research is required
- In depth understanding of pharmacoeconomic
- Ability to operate within a matrix organization where managing through influence is required
- Knowledge and experience in the pain therapeutic area is preferred
- Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE, SMC, PBAC is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills required: ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external customers
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
- Strong project management abilities (contracting, budgeting, vendor management) essential. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (multitask) involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines and rapidly shifting priorities
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Carl Hainsby on +44 207 440 0673 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.