ProClinical are recruiting on behalf of a leading contract research organisation who have a vacancy for a Principal Epidemiologist. In this job, you will be working at a company that is at the forefront of drug development and has helped to commercialise many leading therapies. The Principal Epidemiologists will work closely with global clients and other functional groups by providing epidemiology and outcomes research leadership for observational research on the natural history of disease and comparative safety, effectiveness and cost of medical treatments, designing methodologically sound studies to meet project objectives and regulatory and payer requirements, and conducting and supervising analyses, evaluation and reporting.
- Serves as project lead on client facing or internal projects.
- Authors protocols, reports and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, oversees timeline for deliverables associated with study reporting.
- Reviews and provides relevant epidemiological and outcomes research input to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Reviews and provides epidemiology and outcomes research input for tasks including CRF/eCRF development, form previews and other ad hoc project tasks (e.g., regulatory responses, slide deck development).
- Independently generates content and direction for business development proposals.
- Interacts with clients including attendance at Bid Defences and other remote or on-site presentations and discussions.
- Provides methodological review/input for work of peers and junior staff in areas including observational study methods, statistical methods, safety and pharmacovigilance, the selection of instruments and clinical measures to achieve objectives, and sources and measures for resource utilization and costing.
- Identifies client-related, budget-related and internal issues that may require attention or escalation
- Represents Quintiles externally through conference presentations.
- May oversee or conduct statistical analysis as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to design, plan and conduct observational studies of comparative effectiveness, safety and cost.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients in a global and matrixed environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated with a proven ability to determine and meet objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree + 12 years relevant education and experience required; Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field and 10 years relevant experience or PhD and 7 years relevant experience preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Harry Williams on +41 203 854 0102 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.