This Medical Device Technical Support job is an exciting opportunity to join one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies in their Medical Device team. This leading Swiss pharmaceutical company are currently looking to hire a Medical Device Technical Support to be based at their site in Basel. The company employ over 100,000 professionals and have operations in more than 140 countries worldwide.
- Lead and manage technical activities and apply expertise to address complex design, development, operational issues for the preparation and timely delivery of Primary and Secondary Packaging for combination products, processes and procedures.
- Compile Design Control documentation and contributing to a high-quality Design History File (DHF). Author and Review of DHF relevant documents. Ensure quality and compliance to applicable regulations of the DHF elements of the assigned projects.
- Consult on the development and/or optimization manufacturing processes for medical devices and combination products.
- Coordinate packaging development activities with the project team members for assigned projects
- Maintain knowledge in the areas of materials (glass, polymers, rubbers, silicone/lubricants, sterile barrier systems, adhesives). Manufacturing (injection moulding, glass converting, rubber moulding, assembly, fill & finish, transport validation)
- Develop packaging concepts to support early phase development
- Conduct feasibility assessments on new technology/ packaging concepts
- Develop early and late phase packaging prototypes using rapid prototyping, machined and/or soft tooling
- Conduct design for manufacture assessments
- Conduct tolerance stack analyses
- Maintain technical drawings and models
- Contribute to risk analyses
- Develop Design Input Requirements
Skills and Requirements
- Successfully demonstrated several years (3-6 years) of directly related experience as principal scientist or equivalent.
- Recognized expertise in a specific area.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-art technology/equipment/regulation as appropriate for the role.
- Thorough understanding of packaging and medical devices development processes.
- Ability to work in and/or lead interdisciplinary and/or cross-cultural teams.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills. Strong presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills. Advanced coaching skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Valaince Penteng on +44 203 8460 643 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.