A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Equipment Controls/Automation Engineer at a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions. This Software Engineer role will be based in Galway, Ireland on a contract basis.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring.
- Provide design support and programming for PLCs, motion control, vision applications, robotic systems and PC controlled equipment.
- Provide technical expertise to manufacturing process and technology development activities.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Establish the most effective, reliable and cost-effective processing methods for manufacturing operations.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc, in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls / electrical field.
- Ensure completion of appropriate and relevant documentation within area(s) of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate the introduction and implementation of new technologies and equipment to the manufacturing operation.
- Provide systems support where appropriate in the areas of PMs, engineering spares, maintenance training programmes and calibration systems.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 6-9 years of Equipment Automation, Software, or related experience with B.Eng in Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline; 4-7 years of Software or related experience with M.A. or M.S.
- Experience in Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/Parker PLC programming and integration.
- Experience with servo controllers, vision system integration, motion applications & HMI products.
- Robotics experience would be an advantage.
- Desired knowledge in the following: Object oriented programming, C#, VB.Net, VB 6, PLC, C++, Lab View programming or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) software testing, version and change management software.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11
- 3D modelling experience (Solidworks, Autocad or Pro E)
- SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, java and database design desirable.
- Effective leader with drive and enthusiasm
- Proven communication, project management and analytical skills required.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player
- The successful candidate should possess the following desired Skills and Traits:
- Compliance and Integrity: Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics and compliance with laws and policies;
- Boundary less: Collaborates across organisational boundaries;
- Clear Thinking: Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates crispy and clearly. Creates and communicates clear strategy/plan. Demonstrates good judgement;
- Executes: Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and results.
- Driven to Win: Be passionate and driven, with the ability to making tough decisions in difficult situations
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nick Bansal on +44 203 7520 309 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.