This Senior Test Engineer job is with one of the most renowned global pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer health organisations located in Leeds, Uk on a contract basis. The organisation is a top 10 pharma company and employs over 100,000 professionals worldwide. The Biomechanics team is recruiting for a Test Engineer to carry out required testing. This role will focus on testing instruments intended for use in orthopaedic surgery through biomechanical means, including fatigue endurance and load to failure testing. The Orthopaedic Test Laboratory works with engineers around the world to perform essential testing.
- Conduct new product development and research testing work, duties include but not limited to: liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work.
- Assist other Test Engineers as and when required on a variety of projects
- Help other Test Engineers in the lab to perform testing if necessary
- Set up of test assemblies
- Contribute to departmental initiatives and meetings (within laboratory and wider R+D)
- Lead testing for the Orion project
- Participate in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines)
- Maintain laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to actively working or organizing subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs
- Ensure quality is maintained to ISO 17025 standard in the laboratory.
- New equipment and facilities: Assist with Capital Expenditure (CapEx) justification, including defining the specification and introduction to the laboratory area, examples include but are not limited to Critical systems change form, internal Qualification, calibration, risk assessment, staff training and developing work instructions
- Design and facilitate manufacture of one off fixtures to support the lab activities as required utilizing CAD. Maintain register and storage of fixtures.
- Maintain the mechanism for planning and recording machine usage including all activities of work tasks, calibration and maintenance.
Skills and Requirements:
- Qualification A minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience is required.
- Experience in analytical testing is desired.
- Experience working with multiple international customers is a bonus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and think laterally to improve upon the range of testing offered would be a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Presentation skills, written and oral
- Report writing
- Independent working
- A team player with the ability to complete tasks through interaction with team members.
- Location Primary location: Beeston, Leeds UK
- Travel Requirements 3% as necessary
- Reporting to Biomechanics Team leader
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Joseph Emmott on +44 203 8141 316 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.