ProClinical is working with a global Medical Device company based in United Kingdom who are looking to add to an existing R&D department. Our client has focus on designing medical devices that are distributed across the world. It is 12 months of contract
- Comfortable with a variety of problem solving methodologies
- A deep understanding of mechanisms
- The ability to effectively turn customer requirements into design solutions
- Transposes own knowledge of manufacturing methods and limitations into cost effective design solutions.
- 3D-CAD modelling and detail in accordance with ISO/ASME and company standards including the use and understanding of, for example, Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing & weld specifications.
- Participate in the systematic review of function and value analysis
- Orchestrate and participate in Design FMEA’s
- Ensure that engineering designs are safe, effective and appropriately verified. Scope includes externally generated designs, 3-D models and drawings; ensuring that data conforms to company standards and worldwide Regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform the necessary engineering calculations or simulations that verify detail design and minimise physical testing
- Possesses an understanding of materials (surgical instrument materials and biomaterials), with the ability to rationalise appropriate selection criteria
- Possesses an appreciation of the implications of mechanical design, both during surgery and following the implantation of a medical device
- Assumes responsibility for own design commitments delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans.
- Take ownership of design related engineering changes, working with other project team members to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner
- Interact effectively with all levels of company management, surgeons, academics, manufacturing and design vendors
- Contribute to the creation and improvement of company procedures
- Convert ideas into patent memos and filed patents
- Participate in qualitative research, often face-to-face with customers and users, to develop the company’s understanding of the customer’s view of our product and service offerings.
- Ensuring that the participants are aware of their legal obligations under HCC and Nondisclosure; and that they acknowledged, when appropriate, that no fees are to be paid for their service.
Skills and Requirements:
- Possess a technically relevant minimum BEng or BSc Degree (MEng preferred), plus 2 years of appropriate mechanical design/engineering experience.
- Design experience from within the medical device field, is not a pre-requisite for the Design Engineer; all product design experience is valued.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Ivan Gitardi on +44 203 0789 551 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.