Do you want to be a part of a global top 10 CRO? Our client is a full-service clinical research organization, providing the full range of Phase I to IV clinical development services for the world's pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries, across 6 continents. The company is seeking a Contract Manager to join them in the UK within their Site Contracts team, although this is a very European-focused role and other locations are available.
This Contract Manager role will oversee administration and negotiation processes for complex site contracts that support projects within Clinical Operations on a global scale.
- Ensures site contract documentation is in compliance with sponsor and Company requirements.
- Identifies project and/or individual site contract related problems and works with internal and external team members to provide and implement solutions.
- Serves as technical expert across all Site Contracts functions.
- Trains and mentors site contracts staff and proactively identifies ways to improve internal project operations.
- Establishes strong working relationships with customers and internal project teams. May lead internal team education or process improvement initiatives.
- Works closely with Clinical Operations and Finance to validate the load of departmental budgets and corresponding backlog.
- Actively participates in higher level discussions about overall company goals, departmental objectives, and specific project aims.
- Tracks and measures project and team progress through collection of cycle time metrics and other quality key performance indicators (KPIs). Communicates metrics, KPIs, and other relevant project information to team and departmental leadership. Proposes solutions to issues that may arise during a project or contract life cycle.
- Works closely with Legal to harmonize site contract to reflect sponsor's master service agreement terms.
- Identifies possible contract or process operational risk and proactively works within the team to provide solutions. Establishes strong working relationships with customer and internal project teams. Escalates deviations to department leadership and/or Legal Department.
- Trains and mentors less experienced staff members on departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and ensures quality of team work products. Maintains and updates training material for site contract team.
- Serves as a resource to business development and represents site contracts/Site Start-Up (SSU) at internal or customer meetings.
- Administers all contract management processes, including coordination with relevant protocol, informed consent, institution, investigator, vendor, consultant, and customer agreement documents at a project level.
- Assists in generating amended documents as necessary, preparing contract management documentation for projects, and streamlining the contract/proposal or internal processes; initiates and introduces creative ideas and solutions.
- Creates and maintains document status reports and updates department team members on a regular basis; ensures appropriate documentation is maintained for all exceptions.
- Maintains and actively supports review and development of contract templates and site specific files and databases.
- Leads multi-country projects including negotiating and preparing contracts, budgets, and related documents for participation in industry-sponsored clinical trials. Reviews contracts for completeness and accuracy, and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
- Serves as key communication liaison between site contracts staff and internal and external customers. Provides functional guidance and keeps internal and external teams aware of all contract statuses or pending issues. Prepares correspondence as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or legal
- High level of contracts management experience
- Experience in a contract research organization or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of the clinical development process and legal and contracting parameters.
- Excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent Mandarin and English language skills
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Theodora Savlovschi-Wicks on +44 203 7520 314 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.