Here is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding global biopharmaceutical company, who is dedicated to being leaders in innovative medicines and vaccines. The company is seeking a Clinical Study Manager to join their team in the UK.
Role and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the UK and ROI Clinical department management team, this Clinical Study Director role requires ability to make decisions independently and oversee important activities relevant to clinical research activities according to predetermined global policies and commitments with the support, oversight and supervision of the Country Research Director.
- Identify problems, conflicts and opportunities early and lead, analyse and prepare mitigation plans and drive conflict resolution is critical.
- Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; settle differences with minimum noise; win concessions without damaging relationships
- Gain trust quickly from other parties in negotiations and have an excellent sense of timing. Examples of common problems include 1) low patient recruitment, 2) inadequate staff to meet business needs, 3) performance or compliance issues, 4) working with regulatory issues and the broader organisation, and 5) resolution of conflictive situations on country level.
- Works collaboratively with Country and Regional Operations; Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory, Global Medical Affairs and Global Human Health internally; and with external functional outsourcing vendors.
- Coordination and alignment with the regional and broader organisation.
- Work to build and maintain relationships with investigators and other external partners and promote Merck/MSD's reputation. In collaboration with CRD, represents Merck/MSD in Pharma industry issues and in seeking influence in external R&D environment. Provides oversight of contract workers (CRAs, CTC) and works closely with external vendors, site investigators.
- 10+ years of clinical experience required.
- Strong scientific and clinical research knowledge is required for this position.
- A strong understanding of clinical trial planning, management and metrics is essential.
- The ability to focus on multiple deliverables and protocols simultaneously.
- Requires skills to effectively build and maintain professional relationships with investigators and other external stakeholders, requiring strong communication, educational/pedagogic, diplomatic and empathic skills.
- The role will require proven ability to collaborate and lead high performing cross-functional teams also in a virtual environment.
- Strong leadership skills (scientific and business)
- Strong organisational skills with demonstrated success required.
- Strong communication, educational/pedagogic, diplomatic and empathic skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Negotiation skills with both internal and external groups
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
n case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Jonathan Senior on +44 203 8569 334 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.