ProClinical is seeking a Business Development Director, a newly created role, for a global CRO. The Development Director role will be a permanent position and will be based in the Netherlands.
- Attain and maintain in-depth knowledge of all service offering for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing
- Drive sales in target accounts across the Clinical, Regulatory, and Safety verticals, and various other offerings; Leverage all LOBs and internal capabilities effectively
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop deep knowledge of the company services
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing. Drive negotiation of deals
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Analyse potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account.
- Utilize CRM software - Microsoft Dynamics
- Develop thorough sales strategies and action plans; evolve these plans to meet shifting customer needs and to present new company offerings
- Effectively communicate verbally and through presentations, giving clear and compelling messages
- Assist other sales resources as required
- Requires account planning that develops granular plans that achieve annual & longer-term revenue and pipeline targets; clearly outlining all milestones, providing timely update on progress across each; frequently update the plan in line with any/all change in requirements
- Meet key performance indicators for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives
- Manage relationships and delivery during contracts; engage frequently with senior stakeholders, quickly and competently resolve problems by tackling root causes, and take necessary steps to prevent future problems
- Experience in working with global operational teams and the global delivery model across time zones / geographies
Skills and Requirements:
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 8 years' experience
- MBA/MS preferred
- Proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level sales accomplishment
- Solid understanding of Clinical Phase trials pre-clinical trial activities.
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain aggressive timelines
- Experience with a high-performance business development team preferred
- Strong relationships with decision-makers in large and mid-sized pharmacos (e.g., Head of Regulatory, Head of R&D), proven track record of ability to elevate relationships to the CxO level
- Advanced studies in medical-related field a plus
- Relevant Clinical Research Outsourcing experience required
- Requires up to 75% of travel
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Todd Wigmore on +44 203 7520 312 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.