A global pharma is looking to hire an Business Intelligent Lead to join their innovative business unit in Switzerland. The company is one of the leading pharmaceutical employers in the world, combating unmet medical need by developing first-rate drugs and treatments for an array of conditions including cancer, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and infectious diseases like HIV.
- This Business Intelligent Lead role performs, analyses and prepares forecasts and recommendations in the areas of product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration, market practices and sales trends
- Researches market conditions to determine potential sales of a product
- Leads and drives competitive intelligence and market research projects for Biosimilars programs and ensuring data quality and consistency with reporting and analysis.
- Accountable for managing the business unit forecasting and business intelligence insights and analysis.
- Proactively prepares, maintains and executes on the global forecast for our biosimilar pipeline and performs analyses and assessments on a local/regional basis that include market size, penetration, market dynamics and potential revenue for worldwide forecasts.
- This individual will play an integral role with responsibility for ensuring that all forecasts are based on an established framework of guiding principles, evidence-based where applicable, including scenario analysis.
- Partners with different functional groups to deliver analyses that enable a thorough understanding of brand performance and expectations.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of key brands/competition through management and analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs) and communicate results and recommendations to the brand teams. Provide expertise as data consultant on secondary data resources and identify appropriate uses of each resource, such as conducting product sales tracking, market trend analysis and performance reports.
- Works with multiple Excel-based models as well as other quantitative and qualitative tools to perform scenario analyses.
- Presents findings to key stakeholders, provide recommendations, and implements approved recommendations.
- Leads and drives competitive intelligence and market research projects for Biosimilars programs including primary and secondary sources
- Design, commission and manage market research or other third party analysis (develop requests for proposals, obtain competitive bids, awards contracts to market research agencies; coordinate with Brand Management on setting scope, objectives and methodologies for market research and developing discussion guides; manages the activities of the market research agencies and reviews their performance against proposals and budgets.)
- Ensure consistency and accuracy and quality with business analytics tools and approaches across programs within the Biosimilars unit in close coordination with Commercial team and other stakeholders
- Prepares and execute structured problem solving approaches to key competitive questions, working with Biosimilars colleagues to integrate results from other Business Intelligence and Biosimilars disciplines, e.g. competitive intelligences.
- Independently plans, designs, implements and manage multiple simultaneous complex projects in support of the team.
- Present key analyses to senior management and key stakeholders, providing competitive business insights, impact of market and competitive events on forecast and provide actionable recommendations
- Manage external vendors and consultants to enable effective project execution, determine the best mix between primary and secondary input
- Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Build and maintain knowledge of current and future global competitors and competitive events.
- Support strategic plans to address the changing competitor landscape original and Biosimilars.
- Support business priorities and global strategic plans aligned with the overall biosimilar strategy including the development of business cases to enrich the portfolio.
Education and Experience:
- Degree level education preferably in science or equivalent experience. Post-graduate degree strongly preferred (MA, MS, MBA, PhD).
- 6-8 years of relevant competitive intelligence and commercial analytics experience.
- Biosimilars, competitive biologic, or specialty pharmaceutical experience an asset.
- Excellent excel based modelling skills.
- Strong collaborations skills and ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to synthesize business insights into clear and concise summaries leading to actionable insights.
- Project management skills and experience managing multiple external vendors.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence senior members within and/or across functional teams through superior analysis and reasoned solutions.y.
- English mandatory, other languages an asset
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Todd Wigmore on +44 203 7520 312 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.