An internationally known biotechnology company has an opening for a Commercial Director, Rare Disease job at their offices in Portugal. The company has a strong reputation for developing innovative therapies for neurological diseases and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
The purpose of this Commerical Director role is to provide operational direction and leadership for driving the successful launch of rare disease products in the respective region/ countries and evolving the penetration to meet patients' needs. The person in this role will lead a cluster of countries and report directly into the European Head.
Develop and successfully execute the EU+ commercial strategy for the pending product launch at the local level in close collaboration and alignment with Regional HQ
- Build & maintain high performance cross functional teams, ensuring launch readiness including medical market access, sales readiness and supply
- Collaborate with resources at EU+ Regional HQ to leverage and customize centrally created operations, marketing, market access and medical materials to match local realities and maintain ongoing dialogue on local market issues/ needs
- Lead and process of setting local sales targets, annual incentives and review process
- In close cooperation with EU + Regional HQ lead the local segmentation and targeting process
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with thought leaders, payers, professional organizations, patient advocacy and associated key stakeholder in the assigned region and countries
- Collaborate successfully with Regional HQ functional leads with local functional lead and country leadership to design and execute an effective stakeholder engagement approach
- Build the cross functional field execution team
- Providing direct supervision and leadership to the key account managers
- Develop Launch excellence plan, processes and tools to design, track and manage this plan on time, on budget
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, significant number of years in a leadership role
- Thorough understanding of commercial business aspects including sales planning and execution, market access, patient advocacy, regulatory, reimbursement and hospital formulary listing
- Experience in rare disease area strongly desired
- Significant experience and track record of success in sales management
- Strong leader with proven track record of leading teams, effective coaching and developing talent
- Highly competent with commercial IT systems
- Fluent in English and local country language
- Experience outside sales desired (for e.g. market access, marketing etc.)
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Todd Wigmore on +44 203 7520 312 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.