Our client is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients. As a company, they recognise that cutting-edge science and medicines can change the course of devastating diseases. They are seeking a Key Account Manager to be based in Spain or Portugal.
The Key Account Manager's main responsibility is to drive the care for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) patients by improving patient identification and market development, create territory, account and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share and profit targets for their territory. Additionally to effectively maintaining relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on the product and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions.
- Pre-launch drive awareness of Standards of Care and company commitment in rare disease
- Create KOL maps, map patient flow and building strategies to eliminate/minimise hurdles within the hospital
- Remove barriers to treatment to ensure best outcomes for patients and families
- Understand the educational needs of physicians, budget holders, nurses etc., to create awareness for SMA
- Develops and executes an effective account plan (patient identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers for product utilisation) for maximising performance and ensuring stakeholder needs are being addressed
- Product Flow/Logistics
- Ensure access and availability of the product at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer the product
- Strategically network within the cross-functional team to segment and prioritise SMA centres of excellence (e.g. developing work processes &communication streams) to ensure patients have access to the product
- Provide intelligence to assist with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts - e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
- Partner with market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support
- Perseverance and an entrepreneurial drive to pursue ideas and projects that ensure sustainable, long-term success
- Fiscal responsibility to manage budgets
- Achieving commercial goals
- Business planning
- Leveraging and coordinating resources
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business or Science
- 5+ years of sales experience in the hospital/academic medical center/biotech industry
- Proven to deliver rare disease market access strategies that result in reimbursement, i.e. has current rare disease experience and networks established
- Requires a command of highly scientific and technical subject matter. Knowledge of relevant health care policies, commercial processes, legal and compliance regulations
- High degree of learning agility to learn/understand roduct administration and neuromuscular diseases. Ability to deal with ambiguity, and handle risk and uncertainty
- Must have experience working in a sales team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs
- Collaborates proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory. Leads cross functionally the team(s) in their territory
- Passionate about rare disease, strong drive and desire for success, result-orientated
- Professional presence, self-confidence, self-driven, and a positive attitude
- Must be comfortable spending 50-60% of their time traveling
- Excellent communication skills in English and a local language, competent partner at all levels.
- Proven competency in securing funding for hospital administered products.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Maria Salvador on +34 911 232 071 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.