This is an appointment for a Key Account Manager with a leading global biotech to expand the reach of a new product aligned to Ultra Rare Diseases, specifically Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
- Identifying the patient/doctor landscape, learning about rare diseases and specifically SMA treatment decisions. Understanding the regulatory and compliance requirements and ensuring the right guardrails are in place.
- Understand individual country dynamics by creating a KOL map, mapping patient flow and building strategies to eliminate / minimize leakage
- Remove barriers to treatment to ensure best outcomes for patients and families. Understand the role of new born screening in the diagnostic phase of patient identification
- Collaboratively with the cross functional team understand the educational needs of physicians, budget holders, nurses etc., to create awareness for SMA
- Develops and executes an effective business plan for maximizing territory sales ensuring that stakeholder needs are being met
- Deliver compelling arguments to persuade and motivate others to adopt a course of action that supports the best outcome for the patient
- Product Flow/Logistics
- Ensure access and availability of the product at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer it.
- Pre-launch drive awareness of Standards of Care and company commitment in rare disease
- Builds individual strategic account plans on how to approach customers, achieve sales goals and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results
- Strategically network within the cross-functional team to segment and prioritize SMA centres of excellence (e.g. developing work processes &communication streams) to ensure patients have access to the product and troubleshoot any challenges.
- Provide information to management to help with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts - e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
- Ensure execution and customer management excellence by building an intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholders' priorities and decision making processes (patient identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers for product utilization).
- Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support as needed
- Perseverance and an entrepreneurial drive to pursue ideas and projects that ensure sustainable, long term success.
- 6+ years of sales experience in the hospital/academic medical centre/biotech industry. Healthcare infrastructure understanding is crucial; rare diseases experience highly recommended.
- High degree of learning agility to learn. Ability to deal with ambiguity, handle risk and uncertainty.
- Must have experience working in a sales team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs
- Knowledge of relevant health care policy aspects, legal aspects and clinical studies
- Requires a command of highly scientific and technical subject matter
- Must be comfortable spending 50-60% of their time traveling
- Must have strong command of the English language in addition to fluency in French
- Collaborating proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory
- Must proactively address emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues
- Strong analytical ability
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business or Science