An excellent opportunity for a Business Development Director to join a multinational CRO that specialises in providing support through all the phases of clinical research. This is a permanent position to be based in Munich, Germany.
- Supports and compliment efforts of Global Business Development team to reach annual sales targets.
- Manage and grow customer base by assisting in developing and implementing strategies to facilitate long term relationship with new and existing clients.
- Assist in the generation of new leads and set up meetings with clients who have business to outsource within the company's current and planned service capabilities.
- Assist in the development of new strategic accounts.
- Primarily generate leads with new clients and source appropriate contacts to facilitate potential meetings and new business proposals.
- Research and stay on top of local intelligence on a day to day basis and identify potential opportunities in the pharmaceutical/biotech media.
- Track opportunities so that the company is positioned to interact with clients at the appropriate moment.
- Ensure that the company's Customer Relationship Management System is up to date at all times with details of clients calls, correspondence and opportunities, etc.
- In tandem with Director, Strategic Development, clarify client's RFPs and objectives to ensure that client's needs are fully understood by Business Development and Client Relations teams in order that the company's proposal offers value added solutions to clients needs.
- Review and provide prompt feedback on written proposal drafts.
- Develop and maintain a personal network within the assigned territory that will be complementary and support relationships with clients, networking events and socializing with clients where appropriate.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the company's operational activities.
- Responsible for compliance with Standard Operating Procedures as required.
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- Preferably at least 5 years' experience within the CRO/pharmaceutical industry with an understanding of clinical trial processes
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Fluent in German and proficiency in English.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Gabrielle Haugh on +44 203 8569 335 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.