A leading US biopharmaceutical organisation with a solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within many therapy areas have a new Business Analyst job opportunity at their offices in Foster City. CA. The company has a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and approximately 5,000 employees in offices across four continents.
- Effective communicator with the ability to communicate directly with internal and external customers (wholesalers/distributors and state Medicaid/ADAP agencies, and other depts.) to ensure that accurate pricing and discounts are being extended and to coordinate on resolution of customer issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor contract requirements to ensure customer and company remain in compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Ability to solve problems independently with little supervision but within departmental guidelines.
- Maintain contract parameters within company contracting operational systems including customer membership/affiliations, products, prices, performance tiers, date ranges, and incentive percentages.
- Effectively resolve all claims in an accurate and timely manner. Proactively review, analyze, and establish claim processing standard operating procedures as needed to ensure claims are processed according to company policies and contractual obligations.
- Develop reports and analysis to support metric tracking statistics to departmental management as requested to keep them advised as to the status, volume, and potential liability of future rebate, fee, and other payments.
- Memorize and consistently apply internal rules for data creation and maintenance to ensure the company is compliant with government and commercial pricing programs.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, time management, follow-through, and issue resolution abilities.
- Interest in working with large amounts of data. Detail oriented and able to spot data anomalies, outliers, patterns and trends.
- Able to multi-task with multiple interruptions in a deadline-intensive environment.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, voicing concerns and proposing alternatives.
- Able to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis.
- Working knowledge of claim processing principals, techniques and their appropriate application.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel//Word/PowerPoint and of 3rd party claim processing tools (e.g., Imany, Model N, etc.). Knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing finance or related field. 4-5 years of experience in a utilization-based claim processing environment in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Eleni Farrell on +1 267 405 6996 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.