Ophthalmology Key Account Manager- Retina
Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for the successful promotion of
approved products within the Client s pipeline and helping define Client
Company as a leader within the ophthalmology community. This is done through
development of long term relationships with key Uveitis and Retina specialists.
The KAM will be the clinical, reimbursement, and account management lead with all
identified accounts. The position will also be responsible for implementing
short-and long-term business initiatives to ensure product access within a
specified geography. This position will interact with a variety of customers to
include; physicians, nurses, and office staff.
- As a sales leader, achieve territory sales by executing Plan
of Action (POA) marketing strategies, which includes delivering branded sales
messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical
educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and
effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about
clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles
to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market,
demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory
- Regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources,
analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best
determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned
sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish
- Work closely with the Client s Sales Leadership
and Regional Managers to appropriately support health care providers with their
access and reimbursement needs, to include Medicare.
- Understands the complexities of reimbursement
and experienced in successful pull through
- Provide outreach and networking with state/local
providers, patient and healthcare systems advocacy organizations.
- Develop sustainable corporate relationship that
will allow for continued growth of current and future products.
- Leverages a deep understanding of each customer s business
processes and environment and actively engages them with the intention of
gaining unrestricted formulary access to achieve performance goals.
- Develop short and long-term business plans for local
accounts that address corporate and brand initiatives and goals.
- Utilize Active Account Planning to execute on Business Plans
for each assigned Account. Development
of the Account Business plans requires an intimate knowledge of the customer
and market influences affecting their business.
- Monitor progress in accounts and modify and update action
plans as appropriate (monitor customer contacts, plan execution, value, volume
growth, and market share)
- Report progress in assigned accounts through business plan
updates to Client and Publicis Health leadership.
- Effectively implement and manage all programs as directed by
Client and Publicis Health leadership.
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources; track results
over time, and adjust priorities and resources as customers and markets change
during the performance period.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Publicis Health
Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and
federal laws and regulations and terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample
Administration Agreements and PDMA Guidelines.
- Participate in teleconference and live National, regional
and district meetings and training sessions and represent client at National
and/or local conventions when requested
- Must be able to drive to and around customer offices within
the assigned territory, and hold a valid driver s license.
- Must be able to travel for work-related meetings and
functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year
accredited college or university
- 5+ years of Territory Experience with 3+ years
actively managing or working within the Ophthalmology space.
- Experience promoting to Ophthalmologists, within
- Uveitis and/or Retina experience
- Buy and Bill
- Specialty Pharmacy
- HUB and Patient Services
- Posterior Segment Injectable and Implantable sales
- Experience with J-codes
- Breath of ophthalmology selling experience to include
pharmaceutical, device, and/or surgical.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Certification (CCOA).
- Launch experience.
Knowledge, Skills and
- Complex Account Management
- In depth knowledge and understanding of PHARMA
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulation and
- Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech
and professional demeanor.
- Strong focus on providing customers with
superior support and service.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate
- Ability to effectively discover and address
account needs with compelling messages and solutions.
- Ability to train physicians and other
healthcare professionals with confidence and expertise in an office procedural
- Project management skills.
- Strong rapport
building skills and active listening skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with quick,
flexible assessment of situations and implementation of decisions.
- Demonstrated teamwork ability with high
emotional intelligence in managing multiple business initiatives and
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex
technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise
including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Good organizational and planning skills, strong
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels
inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working
proficiency in using iPad and working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete client
training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to servicing
client s customers within the parameters of the program.
- Ability to drive to assigned targets within the
territory using own automobile or fleet vehicle (if provided by Publicis
- Ability to travel to work related meetings and
functions as needed.
a Publicis Health Company, our vision is to continuously aspire to design, develop,
and deliver industry leading healthcare solutions that accelerate patient
access to enable the best possible outcomes. Publicis Health and its business units specialize in the
sales and promotion of pharmaceutical brands, services, and products through field
and inside sales.
When you join PDI, you have the opportunity to work with and learn
from leaders in the health care industry. Our commitment to a
team-oriented culture and value-based leadership model provides an environment
where our employees can work to their full potential. All opportunities with Publicis Health business units offer
competitive compensation including
a comprehensive medical benefits package, 401-k benefits, and the
opportunity to grow with the nation's leader in healthcare sales.
One of our goals is to continuously drive innovation
through our people by creating an open, respectful, inclusive and trustworthy
work environment. We encourage and
support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by
applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and
ordinances. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an
individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other
qualifications. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or
Follow us on Social Media!