US-NC, Manager, Supply Chain Planning Job 460934100A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 54554BR|
Title Manager, Supply Chain Planning
Job Category Supply Chain and Logistics
Job Description Position Purpose: Manage supply chain planning for Diabetes Finished Products Site Clayton, from ordering of raw materials through shipping of finished goods to customer, to ensure delivery of the right products at the right time through efficient operation.
* People management for production & material planners including setting direction, leading, coaching & mentoring of direct reports.
* Manage material flow from receiving to release to ensure availability of raw materials in time to meet production plan.
* Lead the full application of PS Production System across all areas of responsibility & in collaboration with all Site stakeholders & continuously improve work processes.
* Provide data to alert site management & Product Supply to challenges related to demand, capacities & inventories & to support decision making.
* Provide data to show health of supply chain.
* Responsible for establishing production plans to optimize utilization of production capacities to fulfill customer demands.
* Ensure deliveries of products to maintain customer inventories.
* Maintain/develop Purchasing Specifications & Procedures according to cGMP’s.
* Represent site in customer & peer networks.
* Continually implement cLEAN® (LEAN) in the processes plant wide, proactively, including cLEAN® mindset.
* Provide high quality communications to all stakeholders, including visualization of processes in order to create transparency in the supply chain.
* Collaborate with all stakeholders within & outside of Product Supply.
* Manage suppliers of production materials.
* Ensure proper use of SAP within Planning.
* Work closely with DFP Business Support & PS S&OP to align production plans with capacities, inventories & customer demand.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
Required Education: BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field.
Desired Education: MA/MS or MBA
Required Experience: 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management, production planning or related field.
Desired Experience: 5+ years of leadership/management/supervisory experience in Manufacturing, with a preference toward pharmaceutical or other regulated industries.
* Documented success & experience with international/worldwide complex Supply Chains.
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
* Expert in use & understanding of SAP BI.
* Computer skills including experience with Work, Excel & Access.
* Proven process improvement & problem solving skills.
* Strong LEAN & Flow skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Able to travel domestically & internationally, up to 10% of the time.
* Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation.
* Able to adjust schedule to work with colleagues in other international time zones.
* Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction.
* Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions.
* Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands.
Department Supply Chain Planning
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com