US-WA, Finance Partner - Research Operations Job 456522700A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 53972BR|
Title Finance Partner - Research Operations
Job Category Finance
Job Description Purpose
Performs controlling, analysis and reporting function for assigned line of business budget area; identifies and drives group-wide process improvements as needed.
Reports to the Senior Finance Manager.
Budget Revisions: Assists in coordination/preparation of RE/AB Budget document. Communicate/distribute final budget amounts to Cost Center Managers for assigned area. Coordinates/prepares supporting analyses, schedules, spending summaries, as necessary, in support of functional area Vice President (VP), for Executive Team Budget meetings. In conjunction with Cost Center Manager, ensures monthly budget phasing is appropriate. Interfaces with functional area to gain agreement as to supporting detail with respect to ET budget review corrective actions and ensures appropriate systems are updated and reconciled. Leads budget review meeting discussion between FP&A and functional area. Provides spending recommendations to functional area based on analytical analyses, acquired knowledge and judgment. Plans and establishes budget review meeting calendar for functional area. Responsible for ensuring Global Financial Planning system is updated, reconciled, and in agreement with desired spend levels for assigned areas.
General: In “Hard Close” months, meets with functional area Cost Center Managers to develop accrual journal entry support based on knowledge of assigned functional area, accounting principles and adherence to prescribed internal controls. Guidance is provided to Cost Center Managers as to the nature and propriety of accruals. In “Soft Close” months, provides functional area accrual recommendations at Monthly Closing Meetings, based on knowledge of assigned functional area. Prepares periodic reports of spending for functional VP’s for assigned area and Business Analysis functions, providing commentary and interpretation of results vs. Financial Plan. Raises ‘red flags” as appropriate. Responsible for ensuring adherence to prescribed internal controls and documenting such adherence, as necessary, in conjunction with Sarbanes – Oxley requirements. Responsible for mastering and becoming expert in various financial systems such as Business Warehouse, Global Financial Planning and SAP R/3, as required. Teaches, trains, supports assigned functional area with respect to Global Financial Planning, Business Warehouse and SAP R/3, as necessary.
* A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required
* A minimum of 3 to 5 years accounting/financial analysis experience, Action-Oriented - a “do what it takes” mindset and positive attitude
* Commitment to Quality - dedicated to providing the highest quality services to internal and external customers; demonstrates attention to detail and skill at auditing to ensure accuracy
* Communication – demonstrates excellent written, verbal (telephone and in-person) and active listening skills. Customer focus – Has the mindset to service internal and external customers and provide highest level of support as possible
* Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
* Flexibility –Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; experiments, and will try anything to find solutions
* Perseverance/Initiative - can think ahead and initiate next steps without being asked; pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing a difficult or cumbersome project. Team Approach - cooperates with everyone to achieve the overall business results; takes a team approach in resolving conflict
* Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge. Time Management - uses time effectively; sets priorities in order to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department NNRCS - FINANCE
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com