US-NC, Instructional Designer Job 455971200A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 53908BR|
Title Instructional Designer
Job Category Human Resources
Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Uses a systematic process to analyze, design & develop content & curriculum products, learning support resources, training & delivery/assessment strategies. Is responsible for determining appropriate approaches, methods & tools for a given client solution, based on business needs, by applying contemporary instructional design knowledge & experience.
* Conduct needs analysis & needs assessment to identify individual & organizational learning & development needs.
* Determine appropriate methods of instructional design for both instructor-led & eLearning programs.
* Lead the collaboration on content, design & delivery with SMEs, projects managers & others as requested/required to produce sound instructional materials in accordance with solid instructional principles, current research, business objectives & learning objectives.
* Design & develop materials to support both facilitators & participants in various delivery channels, including eLearning, virtual instructor-led & traditional classroom training by applying adult learning theories.
* Evaluate continually the effectiveness & quality of instructional programs using validated evaluation methodologies & input from internal stakeholders & training participants by creating qualitative, quantitative, formative & summative evaluation methods to track outcomes & ensure alignment with business objectives.
* Proofread & edit own work & work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency & effectiveness of documentation.
* Support training materials using company styles, standards & development tools.
* Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
BA/BS or advanced degree in a related field.
* Three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment, regulated industry preferred.
* Five (5) years of instruction systems design, training development, or direct equivalent experience.
Technical/Process/Functional Knowledge: MANDATORY
* Ability to read, write & understand complicated product, equipment & OEM documentation & standard operating procedures with great attention to detail.
* Mobile learning technology.
* Video editing.
* Able to organize, coordinate & track multiple tasks & events, work in an orderly & methodical manner, including coaching others to do so.
* Able to generate intelligible, accurate & timely reports.
* Able to effectively prioritize assignments & responsibilities.
* Able to visually depict information & data to support & facilitate decision-making.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Has a “how can I help you?” customer service attitude.
* Able to travel internationally, as required.
* Able to work flexible hours necessary to support all shifts & processes.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department DAPI US - Operational Readiness
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com