US-NC, Systems Engineer I - Network API Job 444373200A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 52176BR|
Title Systems Engineer I - Network API
Job Category Information Technology
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Responsible for the operation, maintenance, administration, & improvement of selected IT Network & Infrastructure Systems
* Support all network infrastructure devices & services.
* Support Site’s wireless technology & provide both analog & digital phone support.
* Work with carriers & vendors to ensure redundancy & availability of networks.
* Provide tier 2 & 3 IT network support.
* Provide ad-hoc production support & after-hours support to the site.
* Ensure IT systems are available, capable & accessible.
* Improve capability by analyzing & improving the flow of information to key business units.
* Recommend & implement new technologies or improve existing technologies to meet needs.
* Support Site & IT projects & support & practice IT Security.
* Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
* Oversee vendor work packages & supervise contracted staff.
* Other accountabilities as assigned
* BS degree in related field with minimum of 3 years. related experience or 7 years direct experience.
* Practical experience in implementing & administering networks within a large enterprise environment (300+ clients)
* Certification in a networking infrastructure discipline (e.g. CCENT, Network+)
* Specific knowledge of networking principles & concepts
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve & document IT network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, WAPs, etc.) & infrastructure systems (Monitoring Tools, Network Management systems, etc.)
* Perform project implementation & management tasks, including risk assessments, vendor analysis, specification development, system implementation & training for various information technology, telecommunication technology projects in accordance with established procedures
* Perform life-cycle system development tasks for IT network & infrastructure systems
* Operate infrastructure networks equipment/systems under FDA regulations & guidelines as they relate to computer-based information & automation systems
* Manage supported areas within IT infrastructure cost center budget
* Adhere to IT networking/ infrastructure policies & procedures
* Responsibility for implementing IT network security
* Coordinates activities of IT Networking/infrastructure/Application teams
* Maintain network/infrastructure documentation in accordance with federal & corporate requirements
* Participate in corporate infrastructure guidance groups
* Serve as IT Responsible for network & networking systems infrastructure
* Perform other duties as assigned
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in confined spaces & near operation equipment.
* Ability to work in moderate to loud noise environments.
* Ability to work hours necessary to support production & maintenance activities.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department DAPI US - IT
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com