Accountable for identifying, scoping and driving assigned Key Innovation strategic projects for the Trial Monitoring function in alignment with the Trial Monitoring Innovation strategic plan and objectives. Lead functional and cross-functional Innovation initiative teams by setting objectives, defining scope, ensuring appropriate resources and achieving goals.
Drive successful execution of assigned key innovative strategic projects within Trial Monitoring in line with short-, medium- and long-term strategies with concrete objectives and defined roadmap.
Lead/co-lead creation and deployment of data-driven innovations to business model that result in step-change in trial monitoring processes and practices with significant enhancements to efficiency and productivity.
Collaborate with Regions and Countries to facilitate awareness and adoption of innovative solutions/practices.
Track and review progress of assigned initiatives and projects in Trial Monitoring and ensure they embed and support strategic imperatives as required. Utilize available resources within PTO (Process Technology Optimization) PMO group as needed.
Collaborate with Global Drug Development Quality / Quality Management System for alignment on Standard Operating Principles and Procedures (deviations as applicable) to enable agile enhancement of processes and adoption of innovative technologies to transform trial monitoring practices.
Champion and facilitate bottom up innovation to identify, share and scale adoption of fit for purpose solutions (including technology/digital solutions as appropriate) to achieve agile and continuous improvement within Trial Monitoring.
Benchmark/monitor external innovation landscape, both within and cross-industry, and industry trends to identify and champion innovative technologies and practices to benefit global development and Trial Monitoring
Evaluate innovative/digital vendors and technologies in collaboration with External Development Operations and prioritize opportunities for pilot/implementation to realize benefits and achieve trial monitoring and global development objectives
Champion cross-functional initiatives and innovations to ensure Trial Monitoring awareness and alignment with future innovative / digitalization strategy.
Represent Monitoring, as delegated, in any Development-wide initiatives and meetings in relation to Innovation and Strategy
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor s Degree required, preferred in Life Sciences ; Advanced Degree in science or business preferred
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
1. At least 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical development, preferably in global strategy, innovations or clinical operations role
2. Thorough understanding of process control techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), Six Sigma, Lean Sigma. Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
3. Demonstrated leadership in innovation of pharmaceutical development processes and in technical approaches
4. Demonstrated leadership in leading cross-functional teams and has high level of Project management expertise.
5. Demonstrated quantitative skills along with demonstrated application of quantitative approaches to re-designing processes, improving productivity and/or improving efficiency
6. Thorough understanding of the international aspects of drug development process, including expert knowledge of international standards (GCP/ICH), health authorities (FDA/EMEA), local/National Health Authorities regulations
7. High level of organizational awareness, including significant experience working cross-functionally and in global teams
8. Superior strategic thinking skills
9. Demonstrated matrix management skills and ability to influence in project team setting
10. Excellent communicator and presenter (verbal and written), ability to communicate to Sr. Leaders
11. High level of competence and skill with various IT systems including SharePoint and web-based collaboration / innovation platforms
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.