US-NJ, Director, Patient Relations/Advocacy - Global Oncology (NJ campus) 237959BR-MZ
Director, Patient Relations/Advocacy - Global Oncology (NJ campus)
East Hanover, NJ
Communications & Public Affairs
Develop and implement strategic Patient Advocacy Group activities aligned with Novartis Oncology Patient Group Purpose Proposition, as well as global brand and regional/country business objectives/priorities.
Provide strategic counsel, training and tools to Patient Advocacy Coordinators/ Managers to support their capabilities to implement high quality and consistent patient advocacy approach, relationships and activities.
1. Work with head of external & patient relations to create global patient relations platforms that elevate company s engagement with and understanding of patient groups and advocates.
2. Develop and implement strategic patient group activities partnering with regions and countries to support Novartis business, brand objectives and reputation
3. Serve as primary contact and face of Novartis to the Oncology patient advocacy community Manage complex relationships with external advocacy groups and partners identifying synergistic opportunities to collaborate to address unmet patient needs within priority disease areas. Utilize high-level relationship and negotiation skills to create opportunities across culturally diverse patient groups around world seeking to build global coalitions and capabilities.
4. Build and nurture long-term relationships with patient advocates that enhance the reputation of Novartis as a leader in precision Oncology and supporting patients living with cancer.
5. Develop, manage and facilitate complex patient advocacy relations projects including global patient organization summits, advisory boards and educational events for the patient advocate community. Deliver these projects supervising multi-agency partners following both global and local regulatory guidelines.
6. Support Patient Relations Coordinators/Managers by providing global guidance, direction, tools and training to facilitate clear deliverables and strategic engagement.
7. Continue to strengthen and operationalize guidelines for patient group interaction and financial disclosure into Oncology operations.
8. Intimately understand brand objectives/strategy and identify disease objectives that address unmet in priority disease areas. Serve as internal counselor to brand, medical and market access leaders to coordinate initiatives related to patient advocacy groups & support project management & operational aspects.
9. Identify and leverage opportunities to highlight Novartis Oncology patient advocacy and patient access leadership, working closely with brands/compliance/legal/reputation/e-communications/NVS public affairs/PR/PACO across NVS
10. Serve as strategic resource and support on patient advocacy to key internal functions, including global brand teams, key countries and regions, to optimize programs/initiatives/key relationships
11. Facilitate an interface with Novartis Pharma /Corporate to ensure strategic alignment and consistency of message regarding patient focus, transparency, commitments
12. Manage a project and corporate funding agreements budgets of between $1-1.5 million
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor degree is required. MPH is a plus.
Discipline in Public Affairs or Communications is preferred.
10+ years of related pharmaceuticals/ healthcare industry experience, ideally in Patient Access, Patient Advocacy, Public Relations or a related function.
Experience working with Patient Advocacy relationships & groups
Communications/ public relations experience in agency or pharmaceutical/corporate environment
Strong operational and process skills
Strong influencing skills
Demonstrated success working globally with diverse groups/functions, overseeing complex programs and teams
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.