The incumbent will ensure productive and enduring relationships with Oncology-focused patient advocacy groups aligned with NPC therapeutic areas of interest.
This individual will collaborate with key internal/external stakeholders sharing knowledge and insights with an emphasis on patient needs, innovation, and access.
1. Establish and leverage strategic relationships with Patient Advocacy groups within key therapeutic areas in oncology and rare disease (current emphasis on lung, melanoma, RCC, TSC and NET) where Novartis Oncology has a current or a pipeline treatment option.
2. Bring the voice of the patient and understanding of the external healthcare environment to internal teams. Patient insights are critical to the business to ensure programs meet patient needs.
3. Develop a broad network of personal contacts and leads relationship building and activities of mutual interest with these stakeholders. Utilize these relationships, as needed, to facilitate discussions on access to innovative treatments and quality patient care in the oncology space.
4. Develop and implement strategic patient advocacy plans and activities by collaborating with Novartis teams to include; medical, brands/franchises, legal, compliance, HEOR, digital, communications/PR, health policy, federal affairs, and market access.
5. Contribute to the franchise/brand and medical strategic planning process by providing patient and patient advocacy perspective and sharing insights.
6. Represent Novartis at key advocacy organization meetings and events. Work to ensure Novartis leadership position in oncology to the external community.
7. Develop initiatives that enhance the reputation of Novartis Oncology through relationships with Patient Advocacy Groups and key external stakeholders.
8. Work on internal cross functional teams to include collaboration with global oncology and Pharma and ensure alignment and effective execution of patient advocacy strategy.
9. Oversee grant and sponsorship process for selected therapeutic areas
10. Ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulations in all program planning and execution.
11. Ensure key activities are implemented in a timely manner and that activities are prioritized in line with strategic focus of Novartis and the organization. Ensure metrics are maintained.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
5+ years patient advocacy or advocacy relations or similar function/experience required.
Experience in oncology preferred
Experience working in a cross functional environment
Demonstrated ability to build relationships with patient advocacy groups, professional associations and other stakeholders
Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment with diverse groups/function, overseeing complex programs and teams
Excellent presentation skills and ability to tailor communication per audience
Confident personal presence and experience managing and hosting live activities/programs
Ability and skill to work effectively with executive management and other leadership teams
Strategic and results oriented
Comfortable with ambiguity
Results driven and exercises exceptional judgment
Ability to successful manage multiple tasks
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.