Design, plan, perform, interpret and report results of scientific experiments for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances (DS) and drug products (DP) processes and procedures within a multifunctional project team coordinated by a Project Leader. Manage technical lab/plant activities.
Basic Major Activities
1. Design, plan and perform scientific experiments/plant activities and plan, perform and contribute to project related scientific/technical activities under minimal guid-ance from more experienced team member (e.g., interpret and report results, generate and evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions, write reports). Provide efficient and robust processes for the manufacture and/or analysis of intermediates, DS and DP under adequate guidance from more experienced team members. Inter-act/collaborate with other groups/functions to facilitate transfer of knowledge and deliveries of DS and/or DP. Contribute to risk analyses and/or peer review and pro-cess challenge meetings. Ensure all own activities are aligned with overall drug de-velopment process. Actively contributes to team goals.
2. Generate scientific documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners (e.g., NTO, authorities, external companies) and support generation of international registration documents under adequate guidance from more experienced team members.
3. Provide scientific and technical guidance. Coach team members as needed. Give guidance to team members and work according to appropriate SOP s, GLP, GMP, OQM, HSE, ISEC and Novartis guidelines.
4. Utilize special tools/equipment and/or specialized facilities e.g., containment/sterile labs as an expert. Evaluate new lab equipment and prepare CAR and USR if applicable. Contribute to maintenance of infrastructure/equipment.
5. Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects. Work according to ap-propriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines.
6. Report and present scientific/technical results internally and contribute to publications, presentations and patents. Strategic and scientific contribution to Networks, target achievements according to network charter and annual objectives.
S&T Specific Activities
1. Contribute to evaluation of new scientific technologies/equipment and prepare CAR and USR if applicable.
2. Design, plan and perform scientific experiments. Provide efficient and robust pro-cesses for the manufacture and/or analysis of intermediates, drug substance and drug product as per own discipline.
3. Report and present scientific/technical results internally and contribute to publica-tions, presentations and patents.
4. Utilize complex tools/equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities e.g., containment/sterile labs.
5. Maintain infrastructure/equipment and required investments.
Key Performance Indicators
1. Adherence to costs, quality, quantity, and timelines for all assigned tasks.
2. Adherence to Novartis standards, in particular, quality, ethical, health, safety, and environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) standards.
3. Feedback from other team members/leaders.
4. Refer to annual individual and team objective setting.
5. Measurable contributions to increasing efficiency and productivity in the work related to assigned projects.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum: Formulation Sciences BS/MS or equivalent
Advanced degree in a scientific or relevant discipline (Ph.D. or equivalent).
Good knowledge of English (oral and written). Desirable knowledge of site language.
Successfully demonstrated several years (minimum of 3 years) of directly related experience as scientist or Ph.D. (0 years experience) or equivalent.
Broad scientific or technical knowledge in formulations and/or process development.
Adequate understanding of development processes in own function.
Advanced knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
Proficient in literature searches.
Good presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
Good communication skills, basic coaching skills.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.