USA Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ
You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
Novartis Group Quality External Relations has an exciting intern opportunity for a motivated, self-directed student who is interested in learning about and developing skills in the area of quality, compliance and technical operations.
Novartis Quality External Engagement supports advancement of the Novartis reputation as a thought leader through engagement with key membership based, trade and standard setting organizations worldwide. Working with a diverse global expert network, the team is responsible for ensuring Novartis consistent and aligned contribution to the evolving regulatory environment. Internal partnerships with Quality associates, HR, Technical Operations, Regulatory and Development will expose the candidate to a broad landscape across the company and provide learning opportunities as the networks are further leveraged to engage with the external environment, including industry and regulators.
Roles and responsibilities
The main objective of this internship is to support the External Engagement team but also get involved in supporting the global expert networks, task force workstreams and the developing Community of Practice pilots. Specifically:
- Provide expert network and task force support (e.g. meeting agenda, minutes)
- Contribute to developing new processes, tools, templates for regulatory and quality intelligence
- Manage the public consultation process for draft regulations, by coordinating between different functions and ensuring that consolidated Novartis comments are ready in time.
- Manage timely communication of final regulations to relevant Novartis functions.
- Summarize draft and final regulations, as required, prior to communication
- Manage the External Engagement Intranet and SharePoint sites (structure, content and users). Follow up with content owners to ensure content is current and regularly refreshed. Update / manage links, libraries and lists that are under EE responsibility (e.g. list of external conferences).
- Support the External Engagement team s contribution to other internal initiatives
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- College student with scientific, regulatory, policy, or technical background
- Prior internship preferred
- Organized, diligent, self-directed, confident
- Project management, technical writing and communication skills an asset
- Computer skills needed
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Interns can start March 1st, 2018
- Optimum length of stay: 6-12 months
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.