Job Description: Novartis is a recognized HEOR leader, and emerging Global talent in this function. The Director, HEOR will lead by example within the franchise in general and within the HEOR community in particular including influencing the franchise s relevant cross-functional teams. He or She is an expert in outcomes research and other relevant HEOR specialisms and a person that creates and maintains a cutting edge and industry leading HEOR reputation for the franchise; particularly within one disease area. This will enable (1) The most innovative scientific and operational HEOR input to be applied to the disease area strategy, clinical development plans, clinical outcome and biomarker strategies, protocol design and data collection/ standardization (2) More efficient HEOR study development and study conduct/ reporting for Global Program Teams. This will result in competitive advantage sourced from the quality and efficiency of Novartis HEOR plans, with the objective to ensure quick and differentiated HEOR evidence that exceed clinical, regulatory/ market access requirements and patient needs.
Scientific and Strategic Leadership
1. Lead and influence relevant franchise cross-functional teams from an HEOR point of view. Create an innovative, data-driven disease area specific HEOR strategy:
a. Creating HEOR publications & white papers (impact of emerging data, new mechanisms, new technologies, hypothesis generation) relevant to disease area strategy.
b. Works across development and commercial functions to support the creation of real world data for key products in the disease area from early development to phase IV.
c. Facilitates identification, development and acceptance of novel development approaches and analytic data mining activities (e.g., study designs, endpoints, formulations, biomarkers, etc.) to unlock payer issues at the CPO level.
d. Facilitate identification of operational efficiencies e.g., academic and patient networks. Opportunity for medical and development cross-project collaboration and patient recruitment activities, etc.
2. Provide expert HEOR input and is accountable for influencing cross-functional teams in particular:
a. HEOR Disease story to support Patient Access Strategy, including cross-disease, cross franchise project synergies and opportunities.
b. Clinical Development Plan(s) from an HEOR point of view within a specific disease area, including contribution to Business Development licensing evaluations and NIBR PoC and sPoC plans
c. HEOR study protocols
d. New study endpoints for disease area relevant to payers and other non-traditional customers.
e. Innovative within and cross project data for use in (value for money) clinical & payer decision making
f. Innovative HEOR data collection technologies for drug development including new approaches to customizing medicines (e.g., potential yet unknown application of new physiologic measurement devices, patient reported and other economic outcomes, biomarkers etc.)
3. Accountable for delivering disease specific HEOR activities and for building validated ready to use protocols in medical and clinical development (key sections of IPS documents, Medical affairs plans, clinical protocols such as inclusion/ exclusion criteria, statistical methodology, statistical tables and graphs, etc.)
4. Provides expert HEOR input into due diligence assessments of potential licensing and acquisition projects and provide review of clinical due diligence reports including proposed clinical development plans
5. Provide expert input to NIBR PoC and sPoC plans
6. Actively influences HEOR recruitment at the franchise level and supports Global Program Medical Directors in recruitment and training of MSLs for global program clinical teams
7. Strongly participates in his/her own career development and strives to achieve high performance.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Undergraduate degree in medicine or a relevant scientific or discipline plus graduate degree (Doctorate, Masters, or equivalent) in health economics, epidemiology, health-services research, biostatistics, public health, or other relevant field for HEOR.
Language: English fluent, German a plus
8-10 years experience in HEOR/clinical research or research setting with strong track record of high impact HEOR publications and academic achievement.
Globally recognized as an emerging HEOR scientific opinion leader with state of the art HEOR research knowledge of the assigned area.
Exceptional innovation track record
Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence effectively across senior matrix teams
Relevant global pharma organization experience, especially in reimbursement and access, health technology assessment and health economics/outcomes knowledge.
Substantial knowledge about global health care system and pricing & reimbursement decision making across multiple geographies. Excellent leadership, networking and influencing skills.
Ability to work cross-functionally with other global functions. Prior history of full responsibility for development and execution of HEOR strategy of multiple products plus experience managing products in all phases of development.
Strong analytical and strategic thinking and prioritizing capacity.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.