A global healthcare leader, Novartis, has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, and performance driven people. All of this makes Novartis one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
Perform varied and complex project management and administrative work in support of the Global Head, Portfolio, Strategy and Innovation (PSI) requiring knowledge of practices and procedures of the department under limited supervision in global environment. Additional support will be provided to the Global Head, Strategy & Operations. Participate in PSI Leadership team discussions and meetings. Manage issuance of purchase orders and assist in monitoring expenditure against budget. Support, as required for project administration and documentation.
1. Performs varied and complex administrative and project work in support of the Global Head, PSI including composing and/or preparing reports and correspondence, researching and compiling data, scheduling meetings and appointments, maintaining calendars and e-mails, preparing meeting materials, maintaining computer record-keeping operations, purchase orders, establishing and maintaining filing systems, assuring timely access and confidentiality
2. Handle high volume travel arrangements and preparation of itinerary for Global Head of PSI
3. Provides scheduling and travel arrangement support to the Global Head, Strategy & Operations
4. May assist with supporting other LT Members and PSI Teams or providing backup support for other Administrative Assistants as requested
5. Serves as a member of the core PSI team; Participating in Leadership meetings, responsible for meeting minutes of the Leadership team meetings, including tracking of actions and team calendar oversight.
6. Manages PSI-specific projects at the direction of Global Head PSI and/or the PSI Leadership team
7. Manages the vendor onboarding and onboarding process for PSI including OSR requests
8. Plan and implement the activities of the PSI function/relevant committees and ensure follow-up, as necessary: Document and communicate key actions of these committees, including drafting or editing both minutes and reports;
9. Plan, maintain and organize schedules, nominations, materials, communications, and logistics (including hotel and event negotiations) for any PSI function events such as: global team meetings, cross-functional workshops, etc. -provide on-site support, as necessary
10. Provide oversight and support to maintain PSI SharePoint and PSI web
11. Support hiring process of PSI, set-up interviews with candidates, support talent sessions, consolidate feedback and support on-boarding process of new hires
12. Process expense claims and travel reimbursement
13. Maintain PSI training records, org charts, job profiles and CV s
14. Plan and schedule global and domestic travel, process complex expense report
15. Organize and coordinate internal/external global and local meetings
16. Knowledgeable resource on key programs, assists in development of slide presentations
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
College degree and/or administrative school certificate preferred; High school degree is minimal requirement
English fluency (written and oral)
At least 10 years administrative experience, preferably in a global pharmaceutical/scientific environment
Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Connect, SharePoint, and Outlook; Concur preferred.
Strong understanding of Novartis organizational policies and procedures preferred
Must be able to exercise independent judgment and interact effectively with internal and external customers, including international colleagues.
Demonstrated history of providing executive level support, support to multiple roles, and interaction with all levels of management.
Capable to handle multiple tasks concurrently with tight time schedules by appropriate self prioritization of work with minimal supervision
Ability to initiate quick follow-up actions and to perform duties with a great deal of latitude for independent judgment
Must be proactive, efficient, customer-focused and able to work under pressure with tight timelines
Strong attention to detail with good organization skills and ability to exercise independent judgment.
Able to deal with high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information a necessity
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.