US-NJ, Precision Medicine Associate Director 233459BR-MZ
Precision Medicine Associate Director
Global Drug Development
East Hanover, NJ
Research & Development
The Precision Medicine Associate Director (PMD), supports the Disease Area Precision Medicine Leader (PML) by, contributing to the execution of the Oncology Precision Medicine (OPM) Strategy for a given disease area GPT. The PMaD contributes to the implementation and execution of the disease area OPM strategy, with predominant focus on timely execution of biomarker activities to support decision making in the GPT and ensuring regulatory approval, of any CDx assays in collaboration with the CDx Regulatory team.
1. Functionally and operationally reports to the VP, Global Head of Translational Precision Oncology Center of Excellence (TPO-CoE) and .
2. Contributes to the implementation & execution of the OPM strategy
3. Ensures timely execution of assay development for patient selection, stratification, pharmacodynamics, correlative studies and CDx development for clinical trials by working with internal stakeholders (global line functions) and external partners (clinical research organizations, Academic Labs, clinical labs and diagnostic partners) for assigned program(s) with limited oversight.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
1. 3 years industry experience
2. 3+ years multi/cross functional leadership experience within an Oncology business unit.
3. Model natural leadership characteristics
4. Expert leadership skills demonstrated in GPT, or in other organizational assignments. Expert skills to facilitate/optimize contribution of team members as individuals and members of cohesive team.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills for bridging scientific and business participants, for negotiating timelines and for effective international collaboration.
6. Outstanding verbal and written communications. 7.Diagnostic experience is an advantage
8. Results driven, C&G experience, also some development experience (writing protocols, involvement in running studies etc.). Diagnostics is an advantage but not an absolute requirement in this instance
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.