US-NJ, Associate Director / Director of Health Economics & Outcomes Research 231453BR-MZ
Associate Director / Director of Health Economics & Outcomes Research
US GEN MED
East Hanover, NJ
Novartis is recruiting for an Associate Director / Director of Health Economics & Outcomes Research. This position will be located in East Hanover, New Jersey and will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis, has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, and performance driven people. All of this makes Novartis one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of robust health economics and outcomes research studies and projects, aligned with Novartis medical strategies. This position will be responsible for strategic value demonstration planning and implementation of HE&OR studies to support product differentiation and optimize product market access. This position must also be able to actively participate in cross-functional teams, demonstrate strong leadership in the area of HE&OR, demonstrate strong clinical and commercial and access strategic thinking and be capable of managing multiple projects.
1. Provide guidance in the development of strategies to demonstrate the value of disease/products within the Medical Units within US Medical Affairs with a focus on outcomes meaningful to payer and clinical decision-makers.
2. Generate the evidence necessary to maximize the commercial value of Novartis products by demonstrating product differentiation and economic value.
3. Fully support the creation and execution of outcomes-based contracts.
4. Ensure strategic alignment with other areas by actively participating on Medical Product Teams (MPTs) and other cross-functional teams.
5. Develop communication/publication strategies for given product and ensure all research is conducted with a high level of scientific rigor.
6. Ensure timely development of high quality deliverables (e.g. AMCP dossiers, cost-effectiveness & budget impact models and other supporting materials) to support the value proposition to our key customers.
7. Manage multiple projects and product budgets to target as directed as well as interact with vendors in the execution of HE&OR projects.
8. Interact with key customers (MCOs, Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), medical experts, etc.) as needed to deliver value messages for product pricing and re-imbursement, and optimal utilization.
9. Publish and present research accomplishments at scientific conferences and forums.
10. As a member of the US HE&OR team, contribute to department strategy and objectives as well as represent US HE&OR on key initiatives.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
The position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
Graduate degree in a relevant discipline focused on health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, etc. (e.g. PhD, MHA, MPH, etc.), or a relevant undergraduate degree and completion of a pharmacoeconomics fellowship.
Minimum of 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry or a managed care setting in the direct conduct of health economics and outcomes research studies.
Strong knowledge of outcomes research methods, including study design and analysis.
Strong commercial and clinical strategic mindset.
Demonstrated experience conducting research directly with managed care organizations, physician groups, and/or employers is desired.
Demonstrated research accomplishments as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications.
Excellent knowledge of managed care, managed care decision making and the healthcare environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong computer skills.
Ability to work well in a team and cross-functional environment, as well as work independently with limited supervision.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.