The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting laboratory work and/or in support of Glob-al Drug Development, Precision Medicine objectives
Perform experiments, procedures, and or research with limited input from supervisor in compliance with appropriate SOPs, WIs, Novartis policies, and relevant regulatory guidelines.
Assist in experiment/research design and report preparation.
Present results internally.
Work collaboratively across interdisciplinary teams.
Train junior members of team, if needed.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
BS (USA) or equivalent in scientific discipline such as biology, chemistry, pharmacology; or at least 2 years of appropriate and relevant experience in field.
Excellent written and spoken English, additional language fluency a plus. at least 2 years of appropriate and relevant experience in field.
- Previous demonstration consistent with Novartis Values & Behaviors.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills; including interpersonal, verbal and writing skills and to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Be a good team player in multidisciplinary environment, capable of multi-tasking, and able to be fully committed to development timelines.
- Basic familiarity of applicable regulations and standards for medical device development such as: ISO 13485, CAP, CLIA, cGLP, ISO 14971, CFR 820, CE-IVD, MIQE
- Basic familiarity with relevant laboratory instrumentation such as: thermal cyclers, NGS, spectrophotometers, liquid handling automation
- Basic familiarity with relevant software such as: Microsoft Office Suite, JMP, Microsoft Visio, BLAST
- Basic familiarity with relevant methods such as: PCR primer design, NGS, Sanger sequencing, cell culture, DNA/RNA purification, NGS library prep, CTC isolation
- Basic familiarity with relevant diagnostic development such as: DFSS, design control, DOE, 5S
- Basic familiarity of current literature in the field such as: solid tumor biomarkers and associated diagnostics
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.