The successful candidate will be responsible for independently conducting and conceiving laboratory experiments or research and interpreting results in support of Global Drug Development, Precision Medicine objectives. The purpose of this job is to conduct research and feasibility studies of new and emerging technologies relevant to biomarker discovery in support of assay development teams creating precision medicine diagnostics in Novartis Clinical trials.
Major Accountabilities will include:
- Independently perform experiments and procedures or research in compliance with appropri-ate SOPs, WIs, Novartis, and relevant regulatory guidelines
- Interpret data and prepare reports.
- Independently design experiments or research and identify and solve scientific or technical problems.
- Present results internally and externally.
- Author SOPs and WIs for the department
- Work collaboratively across interdisciplinary teams
- Train and mentor junior members of team, if needed
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- MS (USA) or equivalent in scientific discipline such as biology, chemistry, pharmacology; or BS (USA) with at least 3 years of appropriate and relevant experience in the field; or at least 5 years of appropriate and relevant experience in field.
- Meet the education criteria.
- Previous demonstration consistent with Novartis Values & Be-haviors.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills; including in-terpersonal, verbal and writing skills and to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Be a good team player in multidisciplinary environment, capable of multi-tasking, and able to be fully committed to development timelines.
General understanding of applicable regulations and standards for medical device development such as: ISO 13485, CAP, CLIA, cGLP, ISO 14971, CFR 820, CE-IVDD
General understanding of relevant laboratory instrumentation such as: thermal cyclers, NGS, spectrophotometers, ddPCR, PoC instruments
General understanding of relevant software such as: Microsoft Office Suite, JMP, MiniTab, BLAST, ClinVar, PubMed, Bioinformatics software
General understanding of relevant methods such as: PCR primer design, NGS, Sanger sequencing, cell culture, FACS, flow cytometry, melting point analysis, DNA/RNA purification, NGS library prep, bioinformatics, CTC isolation, cell culture
General understanding of relevant diagnostic development tools such as: DFSS, Lean Six Sigma, design control, DOE, FMEA
General understanding of current literature in the field such as: Immuno-oncology bi-omarkers, single cell sequencing, NGS, Oncology
Experience within a clinical lab and evaluation of multiple instrument and software platforms a plus
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.