US-NJ, Associate Director, Social Media Governance & Compliance 225869BR-MZ
Associate Director, Social Media Governance & Compliance
East Hanover, NJ
Communications & Public Affairs
Advise the Business Leaders and Program Owners on implementing effective Social Media governance processes, reflecting regulatory and internal requirements to ensure compliance in using social media within Novartis organization.
Monitor the Novartis Social Media activities, the (Senior ) Social Media Governance & Compliance Manager identifies risk and non-compliance instances in the Social Media operation and works with responsible Business Leaders and Social Media Program Owners to remediate the risks / non-compliance instances.
Identify regulations and requirements affecting social media activities and translate them into consistent framework, processes and guidelines, defining the outer boundaries for Social Media operations.
This role is measured by Novartis Social Media risk posture and its operational and regulatory impact of risks, including the effectiveness of Social Media operations related to governance within business functions.
This leadership role reports to the Global Head Social Media Strategy, Governance & Performance Management.
1. Advise the Business Leaders and Social Media Program Owners of Novartis on compliance in Social Media
2. Improve Novartis Social Media risk posture and reduce risks of regulatory inspections / fines, reputational damages, operational barriers and financial loss (including impact to share price)
3. Support development, maintenance and communication of pragmatic policies, procedures, guidances, and control framework (governing documentation) in Social Media that will set the global standards for Novartis and ensure consistent interpretation of laws, regulations and internal policies across divisions, regions, countries and business units.
4. Lead the global implementation / roll-out of the governance framework
5. Gain operational effectiveness in governance processes (e.g. control automation, continuous control monitoring)
6. Allocate and communicate responsibilities and accountabilities defined in procedures in line with agreed-on governance design principles, decision-making models and delegation
7. Monitor Social Media Programs against governance targets, analyze the cause of any deviations, and initiate remedial actions to address the underlying causes
8. Present governance metrics & KPIs to the Digital & Social Media Leadership Team
9. Ensure understanding and full implementation of the governance framework for Social Media within the divisions globally
10. Provide expertise and advice on governance implementation for divisions, regions, countries and business units across the organization
11. Track compliance with governance framework, collect the feedback of units and identify opportunities to improve the governance framework
12. Collaborate with internal support functions (including legal, risk and compliance) to implement and enforce Social Media governance requirements
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor degree in relevant area (business administration, public relations, legal or related)
6-10 years of related experience in governance & policy management, risk and compliance management for Social Media within a regulated environment. Related experience within a pharmaceutical company is strongly preferred.
Must have a strong interest and proficiency in Social Media.
Must be comfortable with ambiguity in the regulatory environment.
Ability to see the big picture, without losing sight of the details.
Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to lead global project teams and drive global implementations / roll-outs.
Skills & Competencies:
Ability to manage Novartis risk posture in Social Media
Have a sound understanding how to drive value through Social Media
Understand how external regulation affects Social Media
Understand complex processes and business issues related to management of Social Media across global organization
Leadership & influence:
Supports Novartis' values, brands, and reputation
Shape company culture and behaviors
Set priorities and deliver results aligned with business needs
Advise Business Leaders and Social Media Program Owners on Social Media governance questions
Collaboration with senior business leaders and Heads in Social Media & governance across Novartis
Ability to lead global project teams and drive global implementations / roll-outs
Regulation & Policies:
Proactive knowledge of legislations, policies and regulatory changes within Social Media
Ability to provide guidance in Social Media operations across Novartis. Ability to reflect governance setting and regulatory changes and advice Social Media Program Owners on it.
Ability to identify and solve compliance & policy issues
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.