Head (Director), Patient Advocacy & Communications (LatAm & Canada)
East Hanover, NJ
Communications & Public Affairs
Support Novartis Oncology business (LACan Region) through creating and managing of mutually beneficial relationships with patient organizations and related stakeholders, developing patient centric activities in compliance with internal and external policies and focusing on Communication programs aimed at maximizing the potential of the business and enhancing the reputation of Novartis Oncology by developing and implementing effective internal and external communications programs.
* Direct people-management of ~5 professionals in the countries
PATIENT ADVOCACY / PATIENT RELATIONS:
1. Develop and lead Disease Area Patient Strategy programs, build advocacy & strategic partnerships to differentiate and maximize the potential of Oncology therapies across all areas of the life cycle and act as the voice of patients within the company, to highlight patients needs and opinions to the management team and all the customer facing functions, R&D, Manufacturing etc.
2. Implement effective strategies via integrated planning processes, working cross functionally, and with the national Specific Disease Areas Patient Organizations (POs) to shape and support the environment in driving awareness and access to the Oncology portfolio.
3. Support further development of LACan patient centricity strategy, aligning internal and external stakeholders and assessing stakeholder potential for long term partnerships prior to investments in new disease areas.
4. Support the operational process of building internal and external relationships to increase the Novartis Oncology perception among stakeholders of our commitment to improve patient outcomes, patient-centric approach to disease area strategy development and market access
5. Develop and share a broad network of mutually beneficial relationships with patient organizations
6. Support strategies aimed at ensuring optimal patient access to Novartis pipeline.
7. Support compliance in all interactions throughout the organization and maintain ongoing liaison with the Regional and local compliance function to ensure that all processes and activities are in line with internal and external policies (NP4, EFPIA, country specific codes and global guidelines)
8. Identify the need and implement effective capacity building program for PAGs, aligned with long-term strategic partnership goals.
9. Support the operational process of building internal and external relationships to increase the Novartis Oncology perception among stakeholders of our commitment to improve patient outcomes, patient-centric approach to disease area strategy development and market access.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT (Internal & External)
1. Develop and implement strategic internal and external communication plans, with consistent messaging in line with the needs of the business to relevant stakeholders, in order to achieve measurable results.
2. Use innovative communication channels (through third party agencies, relevant media outlets and freelance journalists or science writers, etc.) to strengthen communication efforts and provide multiple feedback mechanisms.
3. Provides strategic counsel and response plans to the business on internal and external factors that may affect business reputation through on going environmental scanning.
4. Support compliance in all interactions throughout the organization and maintain ongoing liaison with the Regional and local compliance function to ensure that all processes and activities are in line with internal and external policies (NP4, EFPIA, deontological code, global guidelines).
5. Ensure a continuous alignment and partnership with CPO, Corporate Communication and Scientific Communication in order to have a more effective and homogeneous communication.
6. Key cross-functional collaboration is necessary for this role with Public Affairs, Communications, Market Access, HR, Medical and Marketing both at a local and Regional level as well as working with your local country counterparts in parts of the business outside the OBU.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor degree is required.
Discipline in Business, a Life Science, Communication, or Journalism is preferred.
7+ years of related experience is required. Experience preferably from a pharmaceutical, biotech, or healthcare organization.
Further experience and expertise required:
- People leadership, development, and training
- Senior management and stakeholder management expertise
Functional Experience required:
- Oncology therapeutic expertise
- Social media expertise and knowledge
- Global experience
- Account Management
- Marketing, Market Access, new product launch
- Sales/commercial management
- Drug development/ life-cycle management
- Medical communications
- Cross-functional and global expertise.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.