The purpose of the position is to design and conduct internal feasibility analyses and non-interventional studies (NIS), at the request of HE&OR US Oncology Associates. The HE&OR Scientific Analyst also will support the HE&OR US Oncology Innovation Hubs, by providing methodologic and analytic support for Patient Centricity, Value of Oncology, and Real World Evidence (RWE) initiatives. These analyses inform the real world utilization and outcomes of Novartis oncology therapeutics for research questions that inform clinicians, payers and patients.
1. Commit to the ethical and tactical principles of a high-performing, service-focused, internal consulting team.
2. Collaborate with HE&OR US Oncology associates from each of the therapeutic areas, in order to develop specifications for feasibility analyses and proposals and protocols for non-interventional studies (NIS).
3. Develop mock table shells, prepare specifications for programmers, and ensure quality control on all internal analyses and NIS.
4. Interpret findings from internal analyses and NIS and prepare study reports.
5. Assist HE&OR US Oncology colleagues in communicating key insights and messages to internal teams..
6. Conduct quarterly RWE / methodology training sessions for HE&OR, Strategic Data, CDMA, and other Novartis colleagues.
7. Maintain currency with emerging methods in epidemiology, health services research, and health policy. Conduct pilot studies using these novel methods, in order to learn how to apply them to the therapeutic area NIS.
8. Collaborate with the analytic team and programmers from the RWE Center of Excellence, in order to maximize use of licensed data assets.
9. Consult as an internal expert on study design and data analysis for external HE&OR studies, at the request of HE&OR associates.
10. Provide analytic support for OBC efforts, as well as Novartis RWE FDA initiatives.
11. Support research partnerships developed by the HE&OR Field Liaisons, particularly through evaluation of data assets within academic medical centers, integrated delivery networks, distributed research networks, and other health care organizations.
12. Support the Strategic Data Organization s data partnerships (COTA, IBM Watson, etc)
13. Evaluate databases for licensing and bringing in-house.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum MS in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, health policy, or similar; PhD preferred.
At least 5 - 7 years experience in HE&OR study management AND programming/ data analytics, either within industry or with an HE&OR consulting firm
Advanced knowledge in observational research design
Excellent interpersonal communication and study management skills
Ability to take detailed HE&OR study results and communicate them in a clear, non-technical manner to internal cross-functional teams, using language that resonates with the teams, while maintaining the integrity of key findings
Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing, diverse, and matrix environment
Recent SAS, STATA, or R statistical programming experience
Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.